• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

so far...not a very good game

Man the seachickens have 5th and 6th rounders beasting in the secondary and we have issues getting our 3rd rounder on the field. Jeebus our drafting has been shit.

We can't find receivers to save our lives, and seadderall had undrafted Kearse beasting out.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Both Baldwin and Kearse were undrafted. FML.

Guess this ends the debate about great offense vs great defense and which would you rather have....right?

Guess this ends the debate about great offense vs great defense and which would you rather have....right?
Not really. Denver beat themselves way before the Seahawks did. It just spiraled out of control from the start. Denver is playing like the Redskins on all sides of the ball.

I could see that being a term actually. "Don't redskin the game away." Kinda like pulling a Munson.

Damn I love The Onion.

Screenshot - 2_2_2014 , 9_51_57 PM.jpg

Depraved Lombardi Trophy Excited To Be Covered In Greasy Fingerprints | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

And one you had not. So, it's a wash. You're not allowed to peacock.

i knew this one was coming up! I think the issue is having great lines. the Seattle defense works off the pressure the line generates - not the secondary (talented as it is) IMO.

In your opinion, in the last 10 SBs, has it been defense or offense that won the game? has it been mostly defense or offense that gets a team to the game?

I think what doomed Manning and the Broncos from the start is that Seattle was collapsing the pocket and getting to Manning with just rushing 4 men. Any time you get major pressure and do it without sending additional rushers (especially when you already have a great secondary) that is going to make it very tough on the opposing offense. I could not believe how dominating Seattle's D line was last night and how bad they made Denver's O line look.

That defensive line was also outstanding in lateral pursuit and support when plays were designed to get to the edge.

To draw a comparison Jim Kelly used to put up pinball numbers in the regular season calling plays at the line and constantly shifting receivers and backs around.

That didn't translate well against top defenses in the postseason who could press the receivers and force Kelly to hold the ball.

Manning, while a better player, runs a similar system where communication at the line and exact timing are the keys.

Excellent defenses in Washington and Dallas were able to confuse the Bills offense with their looks and force throws with pressure.

Seattle did the same thing last night and it's the same thing NE did to Manning several years ago.

i knew this one was coming up! I think the issue is having great lines. the Seattle defense works off the pressure the line generates - not the secondary (talented as it is) IMO.

In your opinion, in the last 10 SBs, has it been defense or offense that won the game? has it been mostly defense or offense that gets a team to the game?

Yessir. Manning looked like he was throwing in a closet as his pocket got real small real quick. The line didn't hit him too often, but it shrunk his sight lines and collapsed the pocket around him, which was enough to throw off his comfort level. As Boone said, when you combine that with an outstanding (PED) secondary, there aren't many QBs that can make that work.

I will add that imo, Griff is the PERFECT QB to beat those guys, when healthy. Manning is too stationary, you need someone who can escape the pocket and make a play, as Wilson was able to do several times last night.

We saw this last year in the playoffs before Seattle "figured out" our O and shut us down (read: Griff's injury).

We need some additional pieces, but Seattle is young, we're getting younger, SF is young-ish. I would anticipate there being some pretty epic battles in the NFC in the next 4-5 years involving those three teams.

If the chance presents itself to move down in Round 2 and pick up a third rounder in a deep draft we should consider it.

Those second, third and fourth round picks are often the backbone of a team.

I am a bit tired of seeing us go out and sign someone else 's sixth round pick like Josh Morgan to a big contract.

We should be able to find our own depth players in the draft or for better value in free agency.

Which Seattle player decked Griff in the first half of last year's playoff game (and didn't get flagged for it)?

on a serious note, I hope this new regime, pay attention to the cfl and scours practice rosters for talent. when you are doing that, its not just luck its knowledge, you look at teams who are deep on the Oline, and look to see if they have a PR kid who plays oline, or any position like that its not rocket science but for some reason we dont do it.

you pay attention when a CFL guy looks great, you bring him in and you pay him vet min, because vet min in the NFL is marquee salary in the CFL (im serious, top end cflers get about 175-275 grand, so for us its a no brainer) we lost out on several cflers my biggest piss offs were cameron wake, and browner, both of whom I said would fit NFL better than CFL.

on a serious note, I hope this new regime, pay attention to the cfl and scours practice rosters for talent. when you are doing that, its not just luck its knowledge, you look at teams who are deep on the Oline, and look to see if they have a PR kid who plays oline, or any position like that its not rocket science but for some reason we dont do it.

you pay attention when a CFL guy looks great, you bring him in and you pay him vet min, because vet min in the NFL is marquee salary in the CFL (im serious, top end cflers get about 175-275 grand, so for us its a no brainer) we lost out on several cflers my biggest piss offs were cameron wake, and browner, both of whom I said would fit NFL better than CFL.

I guess you didn't write enough angry letters. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.