• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

so far despite our current downswing Rg3 still looks good

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
his worst game came because of dropped passes, 10 of them actually, maybe more but 10 for sure. at least 4 of which no defender was anywhere near.

so I will admit, he has literally defied stats, odds and precedent.

No big 12 qb is supposed to be very good in the NFL, he is literally the first, Bradford is right behind, so now 2 pretty good qbs have come out of the big 12.

No "athletic" QB has ever looked as solid as Rg3 has in running an actual passing offence and the fact that he runs when its called and not until the last resort when its not called , shows exactly how special he can possibly become. he doesnt just run around and rely on his startling speed, he actually plays QB. and he shows that he wants to get better.

I am rarely wrong, and I take pretty firm stands, without a lot of nebulous statements, but I will say that I was wrong here, I did something I get anngry at NFL coaches for doing and thats looking at numbers without looking at the PLAYERS intangibles. EVERY SINGLE THING SAID THIS KID SHOULD BE A BUST, THERE WERE LITERALLY ONLY HIS MEASURABLES THAT SAID OTHERWISE, but you cant measure heart, you cant measure leadership and you cant measure football savvy and instincts. he has not only defied conventional wisdom and precedent, he shattered it.

I hope we protect our investment and make damn sure he has every possible tool to succeed, he needs an Oline and receivers to keep developing. and at least a decent defence to keep him from getting frustrated and angry at losing shootouts. This Kid could literally change the game, the question is will we help him do that?

Shanahan's track record with personnel is mixed. It's much better than Cerrato's and that is what has protected him so far.

Of the picks RG and Williams are emerging but where they were drafted that was expected, in the top 5.

What we have not seen is that #5 pick that becomes a pro bowl corner or that #3 pick at becomes a game breaking receiver.

To put this in context the Redskins in 1981 were able to draft May, Grimm, Manley, Brown, Grant and Didier within the 12 rounds.

The team then found Joe Jacoby as a undrafted free agent.

Our drafts here tend to net 1 or 2 guys that are contributors and another 2 or 3 that are practice squaders who pass through waivers.

We need to see MORE than that simply to replace the Fletchers, Moss,etc whose careers are winding down.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

most of the late rounders are being productive somewhat ,were missing on the early rounds 2 , 3 ,4 ......there alot of guys we could of picked up to help tha defense ,instead of lurebus and captian kirk ! we need better scouts .

Kudos to Rymanofmthe north

his worst game came because of dropped passes, 10 of them actually, maybe more but 10 for sure. at least 4 of which no defender was anywhere near.

No big 12 qb is supposed to be very good in the NFL, he is literally the first, Bradford is right behind, so now 2 pretty good qbs have come out of the big 12.

No "athletic" QB has ever looked as solid as Rg3 has in running an actual passing offence and the fact that he runs when its called and not until the last resort when its not called , shows exactly how special he can possibly become. he doesnt just run around and rely on his startling speed, he actually plays QB. and he shows that he wants to get better.
I am rarely wrong, and I take pretty firm stands, without a lot of nebulous statements, but I will say that I was wrong here, I did something I get anngry at NFL coaches for doing and thats looking at numbers without looking at the PLAYERS intangibles. EVERY SINGLE THING SAID THIS KID SHOULD BE A BUST, THERE WERE LITERALLY ONLY HIS MEASURABLES THAT SAID OTHERWISE, but you cant measure heart, you cant measure leadership and you cant measure football savvy and instincts. he has not only defied conventional wisdom and precedent, he shattered it.

I hope we protect our investment and make damn sure he has every possible tool to succeed, he needs an Oline and receivers to keep developing. and at least a decent defence to keep him from getting frustrated and angry at losing shootouts. This Kid could literally change the game, the question is will we help him do that?

Real men admit when they are wrong. You've earned my respect:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Second and third rounders should not be long-shot picks for a good front office.

Beathard helped build the Redskins with picks like Charles Mann, Russ Grimm, Alvin Walton, etc.

THIS TEAM needs Jarvis Jenkins, Leonard Hankerson and Josh LeRibeus to start becoming real contributors here if this team is going to move forward.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I really think part of our fails in FA and the draft fall on this coaching staff. How in the world can you put together coaches that have never run a certain scheme and then force them to run that scheme. It is flat out stupid!

How can these same coaches evaluate the proper players to run said schemes? Shanny has seriously failed in his coaching hires.

omni, I couldnt agree more. when you have a seventh rounder active and a third rounder deactivated at the same position, your evaluation system is flawed. but when you simply regress as our linebackers have , it points directly at coaching and spanos was worlds better than slowik.

Shanny always had alex gibbs running his olines and ive read he even had draft input, given our Oline travails that makes a lot of sense to me. because we lost rhinehart to the bills where he has become a step below probowler, where here he was back forth inactive.

I'm a big believer that as RG3 Fan says, real men buck up and admit it when they're wrong. :cheers:

I have to admit that when all the RGIII talk started I pictured another M. Vick type player and was immediately against the idea....until I actually watched him play and read about his accuracy, character, work ethic and football smarts. Watching him play it became apparent that he wasn't another Tim Tebow but rather a legit franchise-level passing QB with elite running skills. I said then that if he didn't bust he has the skills to remake the NFL QB position. I still get goosebumps thinking about the future and that's saying something given how putrid our defense has been this year.

Anywho, there's nothing wrong with being wrong sometimes. I should know. I'm a world-class expert on it. :smile2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.