• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Snowshoe Resort Questions

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
My youngest son leaves to do an externship at Snowshoe, WV in couple weeks. He will be there about 3 months. Currently he drives a 2WD Ford Ranger.
I want to do know if he will need tire chains or something like Autosock? Also, how far is it from resort area to where he would go to get groceries and things?

I have never been to Snowshoe. We are trying to figure out what he will need, since can't make quick runs from here to there. Thanks for any advice.

Throw some cinder blocks in the back, that ranger is horrible in snow because it's so damn light! Chains can't hurt to carry in the back for 3 months I'm sure he may need them at some point. My dad took me out to a wet parking lot where he threw down a couple of bags of leaves we raked up. Then we did donuts and braking practice. I worked at the Killington resort in VT for a couple of stretches and had to thank him often for preparing me for some hellacious winter driving up there.

I don't remember any groceries available there.... we brought all the food we needed with us the last time I was there. That was quite a while though, they've got to have something new, although the prices are prolly pretty high. The roads aren't too bad around the resort so he'd just have to be careful not to get caught away from the resort in bad weather.

I've been there a few times & agree with Dead Money about the cinder blocks in the back. Definitely take chains, and maybe invest in some snow tires. I don't know about groceries as we brought everything with us, but I think I remember something small not too far away. Sorry, I can't give better advice. All I remember is icy "mountain" roads during a snowstorm on one of our trips.

Hope your son has fun!!!

Marlinton is about 45 minutes away and is the closest town I can think of. And it ain't big. Lewisburg, WV is probably the closest Walmart, I'm guessing. Perhaps Harrisonburg, VA? not sure.

Marlinton is about 45 minutes away and is the closest town I can think of. And it ain't big. Lewisburg, WV is probably the closest Walmart, I'm guessing. Perhaps Harrisonburg, VA? not sure.

Harrisonburg is almost a 2 hour drive, I grew up there! I have been to Snowshoe a few times and never remember any big towns on the way I went. I think Elkins may be the closest real town.

Also the bad thing is Snowshoe is at the top of the mountain, so every time he goes somewhere its up and down that.

What is an externship?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lanky an externship is similar to an internship. He will work there for a specific time to learn, graded, and paid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.