• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

smoke em if you got em! or not...context matters!

fansince62

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oral sex could be hazardous to your health.

So say researchers who note that oral cancer stemming from the human papilloma virus is more common in the U.S. than oral cancer caused by abusing tobacco.

Researchers found a 225% increase in oral cancer cases in the U.S. from 1974 to 2007, mainly among white men, said Maura Gillison, a cancer researcher at Ohio State University.

The more oral-sex partners a man had, the greater his cancer risk, Gillison
told a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Oral sex now leads the cause of oral cancer in America, according to a study.
(Hepp/Getty)

Tobacco use remains the leading cause of oral cancer in the rest of the world.

There as many as 150 different types of human papilloma viruses and about 40 of those can be sexually transmitted, according to the National Cancer Institute.

HPV infections often go undetected and are the main cause of cervical cancer
in women.

Scientists are examining whether Gardasil and Cervarix, the HPV vaccines
approved to prevent genital warts and cervical cancer, could have a significant impact on oral cancer.

In the meantime, researchers are urging doctors and educators to start talking to teens in particular about the risks of oral sex.

have you tried big league chew lately? they still make it you know. its leaf chew for kids. you grab a bunch, shove it in the side of your mouth and chew on it like the big boys.

were trained from kids to use tobacco.

well.....I can see the truth in that. on the other hand....when I'm golfin with my buds....we do love our cigars!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.