• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Slowik Should Be Going Not Merely Moving to LB Coach

Bulldog

The Legend
Reaction score
Lou Spanos seemed to do a credible job last year in helping Ryan Kerrigan adjust to the NFL and to bring Perry Riley along.

That said, it was my hope that with his departure the Redskins would be signing a replacement like Spanos that was well-versed in coaching linebackers specifically and had been on the staff of a Pittsburgh, Baltimore or other team that produced quality results over time.

The decision to retread Slowik and move him from DBs to LBs seems like a net loss for the organization.

Slowik had a lot of injuries in the backfield last year so perhaps his performance as a position coach in 2011 should not be the sole judge of where he goes next.

But I go back to the Denver defense he was in charge of when Shanahan was the HC of the Broncos.

It was awful. And I don't recall Slowik having a glowing reputation as a position coach at LB during his stops in the NFL.

This to me is a move by Shanahan to keep a friend on his staff.

And that should not be the call when you are first and foremost supposed to be about winning football games.

Have to agree with you here. I don't see any positives to this move at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.