• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins vs. Steelers Chat Room Test

The chat worked well tonight. Really enjoyed it. That software is a keeper.

For the short time I was in, it is much improved over last years. Looking forward to a season of functional entertaining chat with you nuts.

Just throwing this out, but how about a Twitter trend for the site too? Like #bgobsession ?

Just a thought. You can tweet from anywhere...

Unless I'm misreading what you mean by 'Twitter trend' - we added that a couple weeks ago....look just below the 'Latest Discussions' module in the center...

How'd it go?
Had to use the 'puter to stream the game to my TV, gotta check out the chat next game.

Finally found a use for twitter... In-game tweets are pretty cool it turns out. I've been bashing it for what seems like years. Who woulda thunk it.

Pete - the chatbar is there continuously at the bottom of the page...there IS no more 'chat link' - you just click on the 'BGO Chatrooms' image on the left of the chatbar and enter the 'Fedex Field' chatroom.

simple point...but one has to be logged in for the tool bar to load.

Unless I'm misreading what you mean by 'Twitter trend' - we added that a couple weeks ago....look just below the 'Latest Discussions' module in the center...

Yea, that's a handle as far as I can tell. A trend is something you stick onto the end of a tweet and then anyone can "find" your tweet by searching for that trend.

Thanks for making me feel like a big nerd. :)

Does the chat feature work on an Ipad cause I couldn't find it last night?

Good point Al...guess I assumed every one logs in ...

And it went well....with 12 or so folks using we may have had one or two instances of folks getting dropped in an entire game, and no browser compatibility issues of any kind. So I'd say that's a dramatic improvement. Apparently, the 'drawing' feature is going to be very popular :)

Yea, that's a handle as far as I can tell. A trend is something you stick onto the end of a tweet and then anyone can "find" your tweet by searching for that trend.

Thanks for making me feel like a big nerd. :)

Does the chat feature work on an Ipad cause I couldn't find it last night?

Thanks for the tutorial...I'll check on the Ipad. There's an option to turn on the chat software for mobile devices and that may fall into that category. I've changed that setting - let me know if you can see the chatbar now on the Ipad? Remember you have to be logged into the site to view it.

Good point Al...guess I assumed every one logs in ...

And it went well....with 12 or so folks using we may have had one or two instances of folks getting dropped in an entire game, and no browser compatibility issues of any kind. So I'd say that's a dramatic improvement. Apparently, the 'drawing' feature is going to be very popular :)

Boone, I only log in about once out of every three views I do. Unless there's been some new activity or I want to post something I just pop in for a quick view without logging in. Just too lazy to type I guess. lol.

Why not just check the 'keep me logged in' button?

On the chat feature, you have to be logged in to use - the software can't identify you if you don't identify yourself...

But interesting to know not everyone logs-in every time...

Because of habit and the risks of sometimes using public wi-fi I always uncheck the "keep me logged in" box no matter what. That's ok, tho' I picked up on the prettified toolbar at the bottom as soon as it showed up.

I do use BGO Lite at times also when I have multiple aggregators and a streaming vid or podcast going simultaneously. It keeps things from getting bogged down when the tweets are coming thick and fast.

I'm going to ask the vendor about text colors - I asked them initially and they said that 'wasn't available' but can't hurt to ask again. I need someone with an Ipad to see if they see the chat functionality now...

I'm going to ask the vendor about text colors - I asked them initially and they said that 'wasn't available' but can't hurt to ask again. I need someone with an Ipad to see if they see the chat functionality now...
Does it have to be an iPad? A Mac won't work?

I think the issue was, you couldn't see the chat bar on an Ipad because I had 'mobile devices' turned off and it treats the Ipad as a 'mobile device'. I've reset that setting now and wanna see if Ipad users can see/use chat now. Don't think it's a 'mac' issue per se....

OK Boone, just tried it for you with my ipad. It works, sort of. The problem is that the chat bar is at the bottom of the screen, and the chat room springs up from the bar, again, at the bottom of the screen. Because of that, the chat room is more or less covered up by the on screen keyboard when you want to write something. So in other words, you can't really read anything in the chat room when you are responding to someone. So when I called HH a small-dicked, inbred dumbass last night, if he were on an ipad and started to respond immediately, he wouldn't be able to see the :) I put after that to show I was (mostly) kidding.

So yes, it is functional, but not really what I would call optimized for the ipad. I will probably mostly use my wife's laptop for gamedays.

Okay - good to know. I may be able to get some help from the vendor on this...Thanks Goal!

Hey Lanky,

You wanna try out the Chat feature for the NFL Network replay at 4pm?

:laugh:

Goal...a couple delayed questions...not having an Ipad but having seen them, isn't that issue going to be present (that the keyboard obscures the chatroom panel) no matter where it's located? I'm not sure I see what the vendor could do about that? Is there anything that can be done from an IPad setting perspective (can the keyboard be positioned differently or is it always maximized and in a fixed position?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.