• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Sign Muckelroy, Keenan Robinson to IR

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
November 26, 2012

REDSKINS SIGN LB RODDRICK MUCKELROY;
PLACE LB KEENAN ROBINSON ON RESERVE/INJURED LIST

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent linebacker Roddrick Muckelroy. The team also placed linebacker Keenan Robinson on the Reserve/Injured list.
Muckelroy (6-2, 250) was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals in the fourth round (No. 131 overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. As a rookie, he played in 14 games for the Bengals and ranked second on the team in special teams tackles (12). He missed the 2011 season after being placed on the Reserve/Injured list on Sept. 3.

In 2012, Muckelroy was waived by the Bengals on Aug. 31, before re-signing on Sept. 14. He played in five games with the Bengals this season (Weeks 2-3 and 5-7), before being waived on Nov. 9.

Muckelroy, 26, attended Texas, where he appeared in 42 games with 30 starts and was a two-time first team All-Big 12 selection. He finished with 292 career tackles, leading the team in each of his last two seasons. In 2009, he helped Texas lead the nation in rush defense (72.36 yards allowed per game) and to the 2010 BCS National Championship Game.

Muckelroy was born on Oct. 27, 1986. He attended Hallsville (Texas) H.S., where he was a Class 4A All-state selection by the Associated Press and the Texas Sports Writers Association.

Robinson (6-3, 238) was drafted by the Redskins in the fourth round (No. 119 overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. He appeared in 11 games and finished with nine tackles and six special teams tackles.

I was watching Robinson carefully. Man has range, size, athleticism and signs of a little athletic arrogance. Like what I've seen.

Get healthy and focus, Keenan. You have a chance.

I just want to yell "GET HIM MUCKELROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the games. What a fun name to say.

Kehl takes Mario Addison's spot on the roster, who was released to make room.

Kehl takes Mario Addison's spot on the roster, who was released to make room.

Ugh, how many times is this going to happen. It's such a revolving door this season. We sign one marginal player to replace another marginal player. Then we cut the new marginal player in favor of another marginal player. Rinse and repeat. Again, and again. Yes, I know the options are few when it comes to available players. But I think it says something (once again) about our ability to evaluate players, when we are constantly going through this revolving door.

Ugh, how many times is this going to happen. It's such a revolving door this season. We sign one marginal player to replace another marginal player. Then we cut the new marginal player in favor of another marginal player. Rinse and repeat. Again, and again. Yes, I know the options are few when it comes to available players. But I think it says something (once again) about our ability to evaluate players, when we are constantly going through this revolving door.

Happens on every roster...the marginal guys are the first to go. Some teams have fewer marginal guys than others, I suppose...

Happens on every roster...the marginal guys are the first to go....

I'm not disappointed at seeing the marginal players being the first to go - but about the marginal players being the first to sign. Because repeatingly signing marginal players, is what causes this merry-go-round cycle to keep repeating - which is the other upsetting element. I think we need to expand our sights, and raise our standards - like look at CFL players, for example, instead of ex-NFL players who have constantly been cut by other teams (crappy teams like KC, no less) and never even seen the field in a regular season game.

Some teams have fewer marginal guys than others, I suppose...

I've been a fan of the team a long time, and I've never seen it to this degree under Shanahan.

So, can we now just go ahead and waive Chris Wilson and audition some younger players at both LB and perhaps the secondary?

Wilson hasn't done anything this season except take up a roster spot and drink gatorade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.