• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Sign CB Anthony Jackston to PS

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
November 12, 2012

REDSKINS SIGN CB ANTHONY JACKSON TO PRACTICE SQUAD

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent cornerback Anthony “Buddy” Jackson to the team’s practice squad.

Jackson (6-1, 180) was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Indianapolis Colts on April 30, 2012. He saw action in the Colts first preseason game this season before being waived/injured by the team on Aug. 15, 2012.

Jackson, 23, played collegiately at Pittsburgh, where he totaled 63 tackles (23 solo), four passes defensed, one fumble recovery and one interception.

Jackson was born on March 3, 1989, and attended Cypress Bay H.S. in Weston, Fla., where he was a three-year varsity letterman and helped his team to two Florida 6A playoff berths.

I would have preferred that they would have addressed this in the draft instead of Cousins or Leribeus, but I'm happy to see that they continue to search for talent.

This kid has size and insane speed. He's also from Florida. That can't be too bad.

What was his injury? Anything that compromises that speed?

I think Cousins at least will be a bona fide NFL player we will be able to get a return on.

Le Ribeus being inactive each week as the #3 pick worries me. The Redskins depth with Hurt and Gettis otherwise is not overwhelming. The fact LeRibeus is behind them still is a cause for concern.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

BT, LeRiebus was on the active roster for the last game...

For Immediate Release
November 12, 2012

MCGILLICUDDY SIGNED TO ACTIVE ROSTER

LOUDON COUNTY, Va. -- The Washington Redskins announced today that defensive back Jugband McGillicuddy has been signed to the active roster, to make room on the practice squad for Anthony "Buddy" Jackson.

McGillicuddy, 38, (5-11, 206) has no NFL, nor collegiate football experience, but is expected to be an upgrade over the lifeless, non-covering schlubbs that currently make up the defensive secondary.

DeAngelo Hall has been released.

For Immediate Release
November 12, 2012

LOUDON COUNTY, Va. -- The Washington Redskins announced today that defensive back Jugband McGillicuddy has been signed to the active roster, to make room on the practice squad for Anthony "Buddy" Jackson.

McGillicuddy, 38, (5-11, 206) has no NFL, nor collegiate football experience, but is expected to be an upgrade over the lifeless, non-covering schlubbs that currently make up the defensive secondary.

I see we are replacing one prima donna (MeAngelo) with another (Jugband) ;)

Well, we could probably replace DeAngelo with some strategically placed trash cans!

Well, we could probably replace DeAngelo with some strategically placed trash cans!

Just one of these, would be an improvement.....

4413163-orange-traffic-cone-placed-in-city-street.jpg

Haha this is a huge day in this kids life and we turn it into a pissin match about what would be better to replace Deangelo Hall.

Personally my vote is the cans... if we do this right, we can get cans of beans... and then we'll have something worth more then Deangelo (hill of beans), backed up by the stack of cans... that's depth son!

I called for them to start raiding the Practice Squads of other teams about 4 weeks ago when it was obvious our DB's were putrid! This is a good move. He may work out, he may not but the only talent we're going to find is a diamond in the rough at this point...

For Immediate Release
November 12, 2012

Suit up, kid! Make us proud.

I called for them to start raiding the Practice Squads of other teams about 4 weeks ago when it was obvious our DB's were putrid! This is a good move. He may work out, he may not but the only talent we're going to find is a diamond in the rough at this point...

I agree with this.

Take a shot. Roll the dice. Bring some kids in and give them a chance. Look at teams with strong secondaries. Their practice squads may not be full of "bad" players; just players that aren't good enough to make THEIR rosters.

What's pathetic is we could have signed Terrence Newman and Tracy Porter and had a much better CB duo short-term.

What's pathetic is we could have signed Terrence Newman and Tracy Porter and had a much better CB duo short-term.

Well sure. But we'd also had to have given Mr. Allen extra security for signing an ex-Cowbum.

Didn't prevent us from signing Cundiff or Suisham.

How about Stephen Bowen?

I agree the long-term interest of the team is replacing Hall, Cedric Griffin and the other declining players on the roster.

It's frustrating though that so many of the free agents brought in here even with Vinny gone are ineffective or suffer relapse of prior injuries.

Even with guys like Bowen and Cofield that are solid NFL players, the were perhaps only the fourth or fifth best DL on their former clubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.