• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Re-Sign LB Jon Bostic

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 22, 2020

REDSKINS RE-SIGN LB JON BOSTIC

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed linebacker Jon Bostic. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Bostic, (6-1, 245), a six-year NFL veteran, entered the league after being selected in the second round (18th pick, 50th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears. Bostic has appeared in 86 games and has started in 62 of those contests. He has recorded 415 tackles (260 solo), 6.5 sacks, two interceptions, 12 passes defensed and two fumble recoveries in his career.
Last season, Bostic started all 16 games in which he appeared. He tallied a career-high 105 total tackles (56 solo), leading his position group and finishing second on the team behind safety Landon Collins. He also had one sack, one interception, two passes defensed and three tackles for loss.

Bostic played collegiately at Florida and appeared in 51 games with 32 starts.
Bostic, 28, attended Palm Beach Central H.S. in Wellington, Fla. where he received all-state honors and was selected to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl team. He was born May 5, 1991.

-REDSKINS-

I like this too. It's going to be really interesting how a lot of these guys fit into the new scheme. Your hope is one of these guys who was decent in the old system has a chance to become a standout in the new. My guess is they're looking at Bostic as a MLB in a 4-3.

This is getting off topic a bit but how does a guy like Sweat fit into the new system? Can he play the run as a 4-3 DE? The switch should definitely benefit our DT group we have as I think they're the most talented group on the team. Now let's have a season....

he is what Brown was supposed to be. A great tackler who just went out and tried his hardest every game day.

A good move.
He did a pretty decent job, for a horrendous coaching staff.
I expect better performances from every player we retain. Offense, defense, and special teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.