• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 12/7: M. Shanahan

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
December 7, 2012
Redskins Park

Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan

On the status of linebacker London Fletcher, tackle Trent Williams and cornerback DeAngelo Hall:
“Questionable.”

On if Fletcher, Williams and Hall practiced today:
“Limited – all of them.”

On if he is more concerned about any of the questionable players than the others:
“No, we just have to get a feel before the game. We’ll go out and test it and hopefully they’ll do well.”

On the records of Baltimore, New England and Atlanta after losses:
“There is a theme. They’re a good football team. To win that many games, you’re playing well. All those teams have been playing well for while – doing a great job with their organization. That’s why they win.”

On running back Ray Rice:
“Ray can do it all. He’s a great back. He can run it, as you mentioned. He can catch it. He’s what you’re looking for.”

On the idea of eliminating kickoffs:
“I think we’re just going to move it to the 50 and just kick it through the uprights [laughter]. Might as well count it for an extra three. I don’t know. These things are talked about all the time. It takes a lot of people to vote for it, but we’ll talk about it again.”

On if he feels a need for the NFL to change kickoffs:
“There’s a lot of differences of opinion of it. We’ve had all different types of locations. We’ve have different rules. It seems like everything changes a little bit – a lot of times it’s for safety. This was for safety. We’ll see the stats at the end of the year. Everything usually is based on that.”

On his opinion on kickoffs:
“I think it’s good right now. I think it’s good. I think you’ve still got the kickoffs in the game. I think it’s been positive – not as many injuries as a year ago, so I think it’s a big plus.”

On if it’s important to keep kickoffs in the game to make special teams feel valued:
“I like it. Yeah, I do.”

On the Ravens kick return game:
“They’ve got a great returner. They’ve got a lot of speed. Anytime you’ve got a great returner and a lot of speed, you only have to break one or two tackles and the guy has the ability to go the distance. It’s been impressive.”

On if linebacker Terrell Suggs cannot play on Sunday:
“Anytime you lose a great player, it’s always tough on any football team. You’ve seen that through the year with us. Terrell Suggs is a great player and you don’t want to wish him well, but I’m hoping he plays the following week.”

On how the Ravens’ secondary has changed this season:
“Just like us – we lost both our safeties early and guys come in and play. You can’t think back about what could have been. A guy steps up and plays well…You’re hoping that they play well. Ed Reed is in a different zone. There’s not too many guys like him. He’s got a great understanding of offenses. He knows how to set people up – quarterbacks up. That’s why he’s got so many picks and that’s why he’s a great player.”

On what makes the Ravens’ red zone defense so good:
“It’s the best in the NFL. Anytime you’re ranked No. 1 in an area, it’s usually for a reason. They’re very smart in what they do. They don’t make too many mistakes. What they do, they do well continuously over the years.”

On punter Sav Rocca:
“Sav is the best punter I’ve been around. He’s a great person, works extremely hard, accountable every day. If he’s going to make a tackle, he’ll make a tackle. There aren’t too many punters that look forward to making tackles. If he doesn’t kick one right, which was against Arizona a year-and-a-half ago, he went down there and tackled [Patrick] Peterson. He just knew he was going to kick it out of the end zone and didn’t hit it that way and he did make the tackle. He [Peterson] might’ve gone the distance. He’s a football player – a lot of reasons are probably playing rugby all those years and was very good at it because he’s a competitor.”

Chris Russell indicated today on WTEM that Fletcher likely will not practice the rest of the season during the week but will continue to gut out the games.

December 7, 2012

On the status of linebacker London Fletcher, tackle Trent Williams and cornerback DeAngelo Hall:
“Questionable.”

On if Fletcher, Williams and Hall practiced today:
“Limited – all of them.”

On if he is more concerned about any of the questionable players than the others:
“No, we just have to get a feel before the game. We’ll go out and test it and hopefully they’ll do well.”

I don't like the sound of this-at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.