• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes: 11/29

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
November 29, 2013
Redskins Park

Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan

On the injury report:

“[Tight end] Niles Paul – still sick with that illness. DY [fullback Darrel Young] – hamstring, was questionable and [tight end] Jordan Reed is questionable with the concussion. [Safety Jose] Gumbs was full.”

On where Paul has been recovering from his illness:

“He’s at home.”

On Paul’s illness:

“Yeah, he just told me he’s sick. I didn’t get into detail exactly what it was, but he’s just not feeling well – nauseated, headache.”

On if this illness is unusual:

“Yeah, he talked to the doctors and I was talking to [team physician] Dr. [Tony] Casolaro and I was talking to [Head Athletic Trainer] Larry [Hess] and [he’s] just not feeling good. [They] gave him a lot of antibiotics, but he was feeling better today so that’s a good sign. We’ll see how he is tomorrow.”

On Young’s participation in practice:

“We didn’t ask him to do anything today. He took just a few reps. We didn’t want to overdo it, but that’s a positive sign.”

On how Paul and Young are listed on the injury report:

“Both of them – questionable.”

On if Paul’s lack of practice will impact his playing time:

“Yeah, probably if he did play it would be more a special teams role than it would offense or defense. Special teams you have a much better chance, so we’ll take everything into consideration.”

On if Young’s status will be determined during pregame warm-ups:

“Yes.”

On who would play fullback in the absence of Paul and Young:

“We don’t talk about those plans.”

On who will fill the vacant roster spot:

“Yeah, we’re going to bring [cornerback] Chase Minnifield up.”

On why Minnifield earned the promotion:

“Well anytime you’re dealing with that cornerback position, we feel like he’s earned a right – the way he practices, the way he handles himself and he can play the corner or he can play inside in a Nickel situation. We just like the way he’s developed and how he’s handled himself, and that’s what you’re constantly doing, evaluating guys in practice. We just thought he would be a guy that we should bring up, and we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully, we stay healthy.”

On what tight end Jordan Reed provides in third-down situations:

“Well, anytime you have a guy that has that type of talent, you can feature him in one-on-one situations. A lot of times he has to be double-teamed. If you’re not double-teamed, it’s hard to cover him, so [it’s] pretty nice having a guy with that type of talent.”

I'm happy for Minnifield...I really would have thought they would have brought him up before now. We need to find out if he is going to be part of the future plan. I hope he sees some significant playing time so he can show what he can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.