• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Make Roster Moves

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
December 5, 2012

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have promoted tackle Tom Compton to their active roster from the team’s practice squad. The team also signed defensive back Korey Lindsey and linebacker Kourtnei Brown to the team’s practice squad.

Compton (6-5, 308) was originally drafted by the Redskins out of South Dakota in the sixth round (193rd overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Lindsey (5-10, 194) was originally drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals out of Southern Illinois in the seventh round (No. 207 overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. He was waived by the Bengals on Sept. 3, 2011, before being claimed off waivers on Sept. 5 by the Arizona Cardinals.

In 2011, Lindsey was inactive for Weeks 1-2 and 4 with Arizona and did not play in Week 3. He was released from the Cardinals’ active roster on Oct. 5, before re- signed to the team’s practice squad on the same day. He was waived by the Cardinals on May 30, 2012, before being claimed off waivers by Indianapolis Colts a day later.

Lindsey appeared in three preseason games with the Colts in 2012 and totaled six tackles (four solo). He was placed on the Colt’s Reserve/Injured list on Aug. 31, before being waived injured by the team on Sept. 25, 2012. Lindsey signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars’ practice squad on Nov. 14, before being released a day later.

Lindsey, 23, attended Southern Illinois, where he appeared in 50 games with 36 starts and helped lead the team to two FCS postseason berths. He finished his collegiate career with 14 interceptions, which ranks third in school history. Lindsey twice earned All-America honors from the Associated Press and NFL Draft Report.

Lindsey was born on Feb. 3, 1989. He attended Scotlandville Magnet H.S. in Baton Rouge, La., where he earned all-district honors twice and was a two-time All-Metro Baton Rouge first-team choice.

Brown (6-6, 255) originally signed with the San Francisco 49ers as a college free agent on May 4, 2012, before being released on Aug. 27.

Brown, 24, attended Clemson from 2007-11, where he compiled 75 tackles (10 for a loss), three sacks and one interception.

Brown was born on May 17, 1988, and attended Victory Christian Center H.S. in Charlotte, N.C.

I assume Crawford will now be active in Ced Griffin's place while Compton replaces Crawford on the gameday inactive list. ;)

Trent Williams may end up missing all or part of a game with his injuries. Not surprising to see that an additional tackle is being brought up for the stretch run.

Losing another player (Ced Griffin) on defense can't be considered as anything but bad news or could it. The Dbs in general have pretty much looked pretty bad all season long. I can't vouch for Ced Griff's performance but I think it's safe to say he was at best our 3rd best corner? Not to far of a drop if you ask me and just maybe someone like Crawford will emerge as at least an adequate replacement. I'm hoping that Crawford seizes the moment and emerges as at least quality depth at the position. There are so many holes on the defense it would be nice if he works out.

Losing another player (Ced Griffin) on defense can't be considered as anything but bad news or could it. The Dbs in general have pretty much looked pretty bad all season long. I can't vouch for Ced Griff's performance but I think it's safe to say he was at best our 3rd best corner? Not to far of a drop if you ask me and just maybe someone like Crawford will emerge as at least an adequate replacement. I'm hoping that Crawford seizes the moment and emerges as at least quality depth at the position. There are so many holes on the defense it would be nice if he works out.

i'm still baffled about what happened with Brandyn Thompson... if i remember, he played well in preseason (last year i believe... and i haven't heard his name since we let him go....

I'm guessing Crawford simply showed better ball skills than Thompson during preseason. Besides, after Thompson accidently laid out Shanahan during Training Camp, his days were numbered. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.