• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Exercise Fifth-Year Option on Jonathan Allen

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
April 27, 2020

REDSKINS EXERCISE FIFTH-YEAR OPTION ON JONATHAN ALLEN

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have exercised their fifth-year option on the contract of defensive tackle Jonathan Allen.

Allen (6-3, 300) entered the league as the Redskins’ first-round selection (No. 17 overall) in the 2017 NFL Draft. In his first three NFL seasons, Allen has started all 36 games in which he has appeared. He has registered 139 tackles (84 solo), including 18 for loss and has compiled 15.0 sacks.

Since 2018, Allen is tied for the fourth-most multi-sack games among defensive tackles. Allen has the fifth-most games with multiple tackles for loss by a defensive tackle during that same timeframe. Allen’s 14.0 sacks are sixth-most by a defensive tackle since 2018.

Allen played collegiately at Alabama, where he appeared in 30 games. As a senior in 2016, he was a team captain and winner of the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award and Ted Hendricks Award along with being a finalist for the Walter Camp Player of the Year, Lott IMPACT Trophy and the Lombardi Award. He finished his career ranked No. 2 in Alabama history in career sacks (28.5) behind Pro Football Hall of Famer Derrick Thomas.

Allen, 25, attended Stone Bridge H.S. in Ashburn, Va., where he was a consensus five star recruit. He was selected as the Gatorade Virginia Football Player of the year. He was born on Jan. 16, 1995.

-REDSKINS-

Pretty much a no brainier.

Why don't I remember Allen having 8 sacks in 18. That's not a bad number. Ioannidis had 8.5 this past season. If we can get production like that with any consistency from our interior, I would be happy with that.

That wasn't a difficult decision, and neither did ST, then again I barely remember yesterday

The one downside of having all these high picks on the DL is if they ball out we are not going to be able to resign them all down the road.

Like SF I hope we are ready to get value for a guy like Buckner and draft capable replacements when the time comes.

The one downside of having all these high picks on the DL is if they ball out we are not going to be able to resign them all down the road.

Like SF I hope we are ready to get value for a guy like Buckner and draft capable replacements when the time comes.

That’s a pretty good problem to have.

we are really loaded with cap room right now. not being able to sign all of them isn't a reality if done correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.