• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shhh... I like this team

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Shh... I like this team

I like its speed, its motor, I like the character of the guys who we've picked or recruited. I like the effort and hustle. I like the potential of RGIII and the dedication and fire of London Fletcher. I like the underdog stories of 4 foot one kick returners and guys like Chris Wilson who lost it and made it all the way back to the NFL.

I like that this preseason, we saw guys cheering for each other and getting excited when back ups did well. It's cool that the GM is immersed in Redskins lore. I like that we have players with stupid, silly back stories that we can laugh at like Stabby shouting "My playing!" And I like how players want to be here and even those that leave like Cooley and Armstrong speak well of us in parting.

Now, there are things I don't like too and I realize that most of what I said doesn't translate into wins or losses, but I like the fact that HH won a fan flag contest and Huly was recognized as a hall of fame worthy fan.

There's much to complain about and much time to do it. This is probably going to be a long and hard season, but for the record I just want to put it out there that I like this team.

Go Skins!

Hail!

Uh.....(Quiet...don't want to disturb the neighbors)

(Anybody looking?.....No?...Okay...)

me too...:)

I think I agree.

This team may be great. It may suck. Most likely it will end up somewhere in between, but at least ... At least ... the team has it's soul back. At least we are not a bunch of overpaid castoffs of other teams. At least we're not a punchline anymore. At least we're not the bad guy. Ours is a team made up of Our Guys, who will succeed or fail together as Redskins. At least I don't feel a little bit dirty rooting for these guys.

And at least that's something. A something we haven't had here in quite some time.

Now if we could just figure out how to win ...

I think this team will finish 7-9 or 8-8 but be on an upswing at the end of the season. Gone are the days of the 59 points given up to the Eagles and the scene of John Beck trying to imitate an NFL qb against the Bills in perhaps the most forgettable game of recent times, a 23-0 loss to a team that also finished with a top 10 draft pick.

This team outside of a thin bench for the OL and among the DBs (although Crawford could be a diamond in the rough long-term) has a LOT more talent on it than previous teams I have seen here in quite a while.

No one knows how this team will make out precisely because of all the changes.

New qb, new starting rb, new starting #1 receiver, new starting TE from the opener last season on offense.

That is a lot of change!

And in my mind each of those changes has resulted in better players taking the field.

I'm in. There are no players I give me the ewww!!!! chills. Feels like a team is being grown. Hopefully the seeds will sprout and flourish. Should be a fun season.

At least ... the team has it's soul back. At least we are not a bunch of overpaid castoffs of other teams. At least we're not a punchline anymore. At least we're not the bad guy. Ours is a team made up of Our Guys, who will succeed or fail together as Redskins. At least I don't feel a little bit dirty rooting for these guys.

Did I hear somebody say punchline?

I really am going to be content to enjoy the ride this year. Sure I'd like for us to overachieve my expectations of a 7 or 8 win season but the fun this year is in being able to watch the development of the first franchise QB we've had around here since Joey T. (no, limp arm Johnson doesn't count). So there are going to be some groaner interceptions and some plays where we wonder why won't (or did) he run, but the cool thing about RGIII is that he reportedly learns from his mistakes - quickly.

HTTR gentlemen and hold on to your hats! :thewave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.