• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Share your other favorite and cool sites

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Besides your favorite site, BGO, what other sites do you frequently visit or use, that you consider really cool ?
They don't have to be forums, just anything from creative, informational, entertaining, whatever.
I'm just looking to broaden my horizons, open my mind, and stimulate my cerebral fluids, and perhaps open up the eyes of myself and others to sites, that we otherwise may not have discovered.

There was a story on female bike gangs of England posted on one of the Bike forums I'm on. After reading the story, and related links, I took a look around the site. Yes, it's a sight geared mailny towards women. Lot's of nostalgic stuff, cool gadgets, great recipies. I always check "13 things I found on the internet today."

http://www.messynessychic.com/

Being a visual person, I spend countless hours on the Library of Congress site looking at old photos. My favorite collection is the Turn of the Century America, photos by the Detriot publishing co.

Touring Turn-of-the-Century America: Photographs from the Detroit Publishing Company, 1880-1920 - (American Memory from the Library of Congress)

Forgotten New York is another site I like, but I'm a Newyorker at heart.

An alternative view of New York |*Forgotten New York

I'm also Italiano, and love to eat.

Authentic Mediterranean Food Recipes by Mediterranean Natives

I discovered Cool Material via a link on Messy Nessy. Great site for all sorts of guy stuff... Like killer desserts

Web?s Best: Desserts for Dudes | Cool Material

And of course, see my sig below :)

Sites I usually go on every day.....

1. BGO
2. facebook
3. craigslist
4. youtube
5. armslist
6. uber humor
7. kitco
8. various news sites (the blaze, fox, msn)

I love Deadspin and pretty much all of the Gawker family of sites. They are all hilarious, if you're into that type of humor.

I spend hours on Realtor.com getting ideas and judging the competition.

Fear, there is a method to flipping mastery on craigslist. It takes a while to really get good at it, and to decide whether it's upgrading to better things or money that you're after.

A lifelong buddy of mine is the best I have ever seen at it. A couple of years ago, he found a silver quarter in his yard when he was digging a hole for his mailbox. I told him the coin itself wasn't worth a ton, but the book value on it was $45. He put it on craigslist in the barter section asking for trades. A guy told him he was trying to collect every year and mintmark for those quarters and offered him an old rod and reel that was in his garage when he bought his house that he didn't want. Since my buddy loves to fish, he made the trade and used it a few times.

He showed the rod and reel to my dad who is a huge fishing nut, and he said it was some kind of vintage rod they haven't made since the late 70s and he could probably get a few hundred for it, so he put that up for barter and got offered a non running 4 seat filthy golf cart.

He got the golf cart and found out it wasn't running because the ignition wire was broke. So he spliced it, cleaned up the cart, and drove it around for a few weeks and decided to put that up for barter.

After a few weeks on craigslist, a guy offered him an old beat to hell Bronco. Since it was beat to ****, the value was actually lower than the golf cart. But my buddy is an autobody repair tech, so he had plenty of supplies already at his house, and made the trade and fixed it up nice as hell and it's one of the sweetest Broncos I've seen.

And to this day, he can honestly tell people that he got his sweet as Bronco for a quarter :laugh:

I know what site I wont list here. I have a Jumbo sized hatred for some of the cowards in power at it.

But as strange as it sounds, I actually like the various Kung Fu boards at Pinterest a ton. I also keep a twitter feed running and periodic Facebook checkins going throughout any given day.

I also like to surf various Homesteading and farming sites like Daycreek.com, as well as anything on Martial arts like Kungfumagazine.com (Mainly Kung Fu and some of the Chinese Internal arts these days though)

I get a lot of political stuff from Mises.org and Mikechurch.com

I sometimes hang at Knifeforums.com as well, but a lot less in recent years.

BGO is where I go the most these days though.

Fear, there is a method to flipping mastery on craigslist. It takes a while to really get good at it, and to decide whether it's upgrading to better things or money that you're after.

A lifelong buddy of mine is the best I have ever seen at it. A couple of years ago, he found a silver quarter in his yard when he was digging a hole for his mailbox. I told him the coin itself wasn't worth a ton, but the book value on it was $45. He put it on craigslist in the barter section asking for trades. A guy told him he was trying to collect every year and mintmark for those quarters and offered him an old rod and reel that was in his garage when he bought his house that he didn't want. Since my buddy loves to fish, he made the trade and used it a few times.

He showed the rod and reel to my dad who is a huge fishing nut, and he said it was some kind of vintage rod they haven't made since the late 70s and he could probably get a few hundred for it, so he put that up for barter and got offered a non running 4 seat filthy golf cart.

He got the golf cart and found out it wasn't running because the ignition wire was broke. So he spliced it, cleaned up the cart, and drove it around for a few weeks and decided to put that up for barter.

After a few weeks on craigslist, a guy offered him an old beat to hell Bronco. Since it was beat to ****, the value was actually lower than the golf cart. But my buddy is an autobody repair tech, so he had plenty of supplies already at his house, and made the trade and fixed it up nice as hell and it's one of the sweetest Broncos I've seen.

And to this day, he can honestly tell people that he got his sweet as Bronco for a quarter :laugh:

That is an amazing story.
No doubt, flipping has become somewhat of a science.
But there was definitely a lot of luck involved in this guy's fortunes.

Craigslist is just so frustrating to me, trying to sift through all the B.S.
It's been taken over by a combination of scams, people who are clueless about posting in the right category, disgruntled people posting complaints and rants instead of ads, and perverts posting "job openings" to hire really "cute and open-minded females for clothing-optional secretary positions" and the such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.