• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

shanahan

fansince62

so...one of the themes of the dearly departed is that he (or his allies) were leaking information that was disruptive.

so far, we haven't heard anything from Mike.

can we expect this down the road? or, was part of the $7 million work-free gift that he not speak about the Redskins? A divorce agreement as it were.

After all, it was he and his son who were booted while most of the others were retained - even if temporarily. Has an obvious symbolism. How will he respond in time?

His son is interviewing for OC jobs, don 't expect any commentary from Shanahan.

He's done for now, until he tries to get another job down the road.

In the end I think he is done.

Most of the people I talk to outside of DC who are fans of other teams still blame Shanahan for sending Griffin back into the Seattle game.

I find few people who think Griffin wanting to go back in the game should have been the deciding factor.

So, Mike's PR campaign doesn't look like much of a winner from what I see.

I'm sure he's going to be silent as long as Kyle is on the job hunt. If he was to come out and start flingin poo now it'll bring negative attention to Kyle. He'd be stupid to start runnin his mouth now.

I'm sure he's going to be silent as long as Kyle is on the job hunt. If he was to come out and start flingin poo now it'll bring negative attention to Kyle. He'd be stupid to start runnin his mouth now.

Good point. There also could have been something Snyder was holding over his head, and could have said we can do this the easy way if you agree to not comment about the team or situation for a set period of time.

While I doubt the elder Shanahan gets another shot in the NFL, I would wager he wants another chance. I don't see him doing anything stupid at this point while his son is searching for a job nor hurt any chance he wants to coach again...if the opportunity ever comes.

I think he is petty enough to keep doing sneaky crap via Sally J, Mikey Wise, and Schefter. Just take a look at what happened today.

A leak came out that said we scheduled interviews for both of SF's coordinators and after JG2 was hired, we did not cancel those appointments. SF was supposedly livid at that level of unprofessionalism. By mid day today, the Redskins denied it and SF did too and said there were no problems with the Redskins.

Hmmmmm. Someone leaked that "info".

Some awful team like the Browns or Dolphins will hire Shanahan to be their GM, like Holmgren in Cleveland.

I think he is petty enough to keep doing sneaky crap via Sally J, Mikey Wise, and Schefter. Just take a look at what happened today.

A leak came out that said we scheduled interviews for both of SF's coordinators and after JG2 was hired, we did not cancel those appointments. SF was supposedly livid at that level of unprofessionalism. By mid day today, the Redskins denied it and SF did too and said there were no problems with the Redskins.

Hmmmmm. Someone leaked that "info".

The Junkies were talking about this and said that their information stated we asked for permission to interview them, but never scheduled one. In addition to that, we wouldn't be allowed to interview them anyways because they're still in the playoffs. I'm with you, someone is trying to get egg on our faces.

Shanahan at 61 and not having a playoff win since 2005 to me is done.

Shanahan could still coach I think but his control over personnel would be a non-starter.

Since he is unlikely to want to come back in a reduced role (in part validating the Redskins decision) then I don't see him in the NFL.

The one fairly smart thing Al Davis said in later life was that coaches tended to have a 10 year shelf life, after which they get burned out and are less effective.

That's what makes the Landrys and Bellichicks unusual. They continue to thrive off the competition.

Gibbs was here 12 years.

Walsh was in SF 10 years.

Johnson was only an NFL coach for what 9 years?

Gruden was in about that long.

For some of those that stayed in like Holmgren and Shanahan their second and third acts were nowhere near as good as their first ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.