• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Severe/Extreme/Unusual Weather Thread

45 would feel like mf’n summer right now

It’s a gorgeous day tho, sunny without a cloud in sight. Just bitter

Last edited:
We had some torrential downpours come through NC this morning. It kept me up all night. Very windy, the temperature went from almost 70 down to 34. Some of the rain was probably freezing rain as it was loudly hitting the windows and house. Now I hear nothing. That’s because it’s snowing pretty heavily. They aren’t calling for much accumulation, but it’s coming down pretty good right now. We are right on the rain/snow line. At some point it may turn back to rain and wipe it all out.

About 8" on the ground since last night and still coming down hard.

That "bomb cyclone" is starting here. We're getting the cold, the northeast is getting the snow.

Lake effect at it's finest, my first winter in Ohio in 95 the first snow was 13 inches overnight, and I do not miss it. It's fun at first but a pain in the ass overall. We've been in the high 40's, low 50's in the mornings here, actually had frost Tuesday morning as it was 36 degrees. This weekend is going to be in the 40's.

I'm a fan. I love watching it fall, snowblowing it, watching the kids making forts. Nobody should have to drive in it though until plowed.

It will be in the 40s end of next week. Hopefully a lot of this melts, but we've got 2' so far.

Massive flooding, like a foot plus on a lot of the roads, didn't lose power, yet but in 20 years I've never seen this much flooding here.

Flooding and debris biggest issues but only lost power for like 9 hours. Have some slight water damage and pools a mess but me and my family are safe. I'll deal with the rest of this shit later, for now F Dallas.

We're live and kicking....been a hell of a week. We got water back on Saturday, but still no power. Seems the mayor of our city told the electric company not to show till 10/1, so he put us behind. Governor called out our electric company (LCEC) for not accepting help from the company they buy their power from. Highest populated area south of tampa, and only about 18% of residents of Cape Coral have power. If I'm lucky, we'll have power by sunday. We were just on the edge of the eye, and dealt with sustained winds of 145. Ned a roof ( again ) pool cage needs some help, and side garage door. Have to go out of town for gas unless you have a few hours to wait on line. Generator is eating lots of fuel (propane & gas ), so it's been a challenge.

Anyhow, this is the first time I've had internet since last tuesday night, and cell service is terrible. Don't know if I want to go home..... I have AC and a mini frig in my office LOL

We're live and kicking....been a hell of a week. We got water back on Saturday, but still no power. Seems the mayor of our city told the electric company not to show till 10/1, so he put us behind. Governor called out our electric company (LCEC) for not accepting help from the company they buy their power from. Highest populated area south of tampa, and only about 18% of residents of Cape Coral have power. If I'm lucky, we'll have power by sunday. We were just on the edge of the eye, and dealt with sustained winds of 145. Ned a roof ( again ) pool cage needs some help, and side garage door. Have to go out of town for gas unless you have a few hours to wait on line. Generator is eating lots of fuel (propane & gas ), so it's been a challenge.

Anyhow, this is the first time I've had internet since last tuesday night, and cell service is terrible. Don't know if I want to go home..... I have AC and a mini frig in my office LOL

Glad to hear you and yours are safe, Pete. 🙏

UPDATE: we're 2/3 there. Daughter has all services back at her place in Ft Myers. Mom and sister in Cape Coral got power back yesterday afternoon. I'm still without power ( Cape Coral ), and still on boil water notice. Lines at the pumps have gotten much better, almost normal. Supply chain getting better.

Screenshot_20221222-162741.png

We are getting a "bomb cyclone" starting at around 0300. It's amazing how calm and prepared we all are compared to how I was dealing with this when I first moved here. We're expecting to lose electricity, internet, and water tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.