• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Several teams interested in Campbell

Hog Fever

Vescere bracis meis
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
From PFT earlier this morning: "ESPN 980 in Washington reports there are five teams already interested: Buffalo, Carolina, Oakland, Jacksonville & an unknown team."

That's good. Should we try to hold out for a 3rd rounder?

The more teams we have interested, the better.....unless they're all talking 4th rounders, 5th rounders or 2011 picks.

Al Davis is senile enough to overpay for JC. I'd start working him first.

Those teams are now in the free agent position we we're in just last week.

We were all talking about the lack of QB's in the draft and the lack of QB's in free agency. Now other teams are in the boat we just climed out of.

Fact is, as medicore as JC has been, he's one of the top QB prospects out there

Keep in mind guys, we aren't REQUIRED to trade Campbell. We can keep him as a backup or 3rd stringer if we so desire. Not arguing we will, or should. But in terms of leverage, we still have some - we don't have to dump him or accept a ridiculous low-ball offer for him.

Keep in mind guys, we aren't REQUIRED to trade Campbell. We can keep him as a backup or 3rd stringer if we so desire. Not arguing we will, or should. But in terms of leverage, we still have some - we don't have to dump him or accept a ridiculous low-ball offer for him.

IMO, the longer we hold im, the better a deal we'll get

I feel badly for the guy.

Imagine the phone call likely to happen later today:

"Jason, we feel you can have a bright future in Buffalo."

Buffalo/Canada.

"Yes, we understand the weather is a little worse up there. What's that Jason? No, TO won't be there anymore, but look at the bright side. Stan Hixon is there now. So you two can have a reunion of sorts."

True, we don't have to move him but I don't see us keeping him either. It is pretty obvious that Shanahan isn't going to be satisfied with a two year rebuilding project and we are down to 4 picks in this draft (with just one in the top 100). I think anyone with half a football brain will (rightly) view the Skins as a bit desperate to add to those 4 picks.

My guess right now is that he is part of a draft day deal. Of course, I 24 hours ago I would have told you that there was no way McNabb was a Skin this season, much less one today.

In fact, I think at this point, it if fair to say that anyone on the roster is trade bate right now with the exceptions of Orakpo, Fletch, Hall, and one of the two TEs (take your pick). For the right price, I'm not sure anyone else on the roster can't be had.

I feel badly for the guy.

Imagine the phone call likely to happen later today:

"Jason, we feel you can have a bright future in Buffalo."

I think this is part of my problem with the whole thing. Jason has been solid gold for us in the class department. You would be hard pressed to find a QB in the league who has not acted with more class and dignity in the last 3 or 4 years than Campbell. They guy deserves better.

I know there is a bad feeling about Jason's play and some of it is sure deserved but I was looking forward to what they kid could do in a real offense with real offensive coaches (something I don't think he has had yet given the Zorn situation of the last two years and Gibbs inherently conservative nature before that).

Do I think he was magically going to turn into Elway overnight? No. But he has improved every single year in this league, often against all odds, and the situation looked good for him to make a real positive step this season as well. At least to me.

5 suitors, and we've just taken the other available QB off the market. If we can't turn that into a 3rd then shame on us.

The more teams we have interested, the better.....unless they're all talking 4th rounders, 5th rounders or 2011 picks.
I actually wouldn't mind a 2011 pick as long as it's a 1st or 2nd rounder.

I actually wouldn't mind a 2011 pick as long as it's a 1st or 2nd rounder.

1st or 2nd? I wouldn't hold your breath.

Although, we can always pray that Al Davis is off his medication again.

If we got a 2nd rounder, they should put up a statue of Bruce Allen at Redskins Park. We'll be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him is my guess.

I would love to have a second but like you I,m thinking a fourth at best...but best wishes to JC....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.