• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[Season Tickets] Redskins roll out new Pick-A-Seat Program

tshile

The Redskins are pleased to introduce a new season ticket holder upgrade program where you, the season ticket holder, get to pick your new seat location for your general admission season tickets. Starting in early May, season ticket holders who are paid in full or current on their Redskins installment plan will be able to select in real time their new seat location from available inventory.

Season ticket holders will be assigned a priority group based on seniority and seat location. You will be notified approximately two weeks before the start of the program of the date and time your priority group will be eligible to select seats.

Benefits of the Pick-a-Seat Upgrade Program:
•You choose your new seat location from available inventory
•Move closer to midfield
•Move closer to or further from the field
•Move onto or off of an aisle
•Consolidate the seats on your account into one location
•Sit with another account holder
Once your priority group is eligible, you will be able to manage the seat upgrade process by logging into www.Redskins.com/MyAccount. Again, you will be notified in late April, approximately two weeks before the start of the program, of the date and time of your priority group.

Remember, only account holders who are paid in full or current on their Redskins installment plan are eligible to upgrade. If you haven't already made payment, please do so today by going to www.Redskins.com/MyAccount. The deadline to renew is April 1.

This is actually really cool. Since Bruce Allen came here the redskins have been (slowly but) steadily improving the game-day experience in many ways; some small, some large. This, in my opinion, is the biggest thing they've done for season ticket holders yet. Given how often I take jabs at the organization for its (lack of) relationship with the season ticket holders, I think it's only fair to give them credit when it is rightfully due.

Obviously I haven't used the system, and there's a very real possibility it wont live up to the hype. They told us when invoices were sent out that the upgrade system was being revamped - they didn't give us any clue that this was the type of revamping they were doing.

The biggest problem with electing to upgrade is the unknown consequences of your actions - sure, you're being 'upgraded' but are your seats going to actually be better? It's a crap shoot, and one you have little (if any) control over. This really addresses that problem.

I eagerly wait for my chance to use this new system. What remains to be seen is how this is actually going to work... is someone with more seniority than I going to be able to log in and take my seats? Or are they only going to be able to look at open seats from sections that have already gone?

The Caps have been doing this since I have been a season ticket holder, but I've never taken part. Mostly because my seats are awesome, although at some point I'll have to let them go, considering I live in Houston now. Sigh.

Yeah... I was going to say... wtf don't you live in texas?

For a minute I started thinking you were super rich flying back and forth. :)

edit: on a side note I didn't realize you were that big of a caps fan. gives me quite a different respect for your views on hockey and the team.

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/seat-upgrades.html

2013 Seat Upgrade Program Frequently Asked Questions

How does the Seat Upgrade Program work?
Starting in early May, season ticket holders can select their new seat location from available inventory by using the Redskins Interactive Seat Map (ISM) at www.Redskins.com/MyAccount. This improved seat upgrade program puts you, the season ticket holder, in charge of your seat upgrade. You can choose from any available seat location which will enable you to:

Move closer to midfield
Move closer to or further from the field
Move onto or off of an aisle
Consolidate the seats on your account into one location
Sit with another account holder

Is there a way to see the view from each section at FedExField?
Yes. Click here for the FedExField stadium diagram. Click on any section to see a view of the field.

Who is eligible?
All account holders who are paid in full or current on a Redskins approved payment plan by April 1 are eligible for the seat upgrade program.

When can I begin to upgrade my seats?
The seat upgrade program will begin in early May. Season ticket holders will receive an email approximately two weeks before the start of the program with the date and time that they may begin selecting from available seats. Season ticket holders will be grouped according to seniority and by seat location at FedExField.

Why are there different upgrade groups? Why not let everyone upgrade at the same time?
Season ticket holders are placed into priority groups for two reasons. First, this allows our most senior season ticket holders to select first from the available seats. Second, by only allowing small groups of season ticket holders to access the upgrade system, we can ensure the best possible experience for everyone. Account holders who had season tickets at RFK Stadium will have first priority and will be grouped according to their current seat location at FedExField.

Can I combine seats on my account that are in separate locations?
Yes, you may combine some or all of the seats on your account into one location. Simply select the seat locations that you wish to combine from the list of your locations, and then select an equal number of new seats from the ISM.

Can I sit with another account holder?
Yes, you may choose to sit with another account holder; however, both account holders must be eligible at the same time. If both account holders are not in the same priority group, one account holder must wait for the other to be eligible to upgrade. Both account holders must be online at the same time and simultaneously select adjacent seats from the ISM.

Is this my only opportunity to upgrade?
Yes. Once the upgrade program closes, all seat locations for the 2013 season will be final. However, bear in mind that the available locations you see will change as other season ticket holders change their locations. If at first you don’t see anything you like, check back frequently in the event other locations become available.

Can I upgrade more than once?
Yes. Even after you have selected and upgraded your original seat location, if you see a different location you like better you can upgrade again.

Can I access the upgrade program using my mobile device or tablet?

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the ISM, the upgrade program can only be accessed by using a PC or Mac. The seat upgrade tool requires the latest version of Adobe Flash (click here to download).

What if I don’t have internet access?
If you do not have internet access, you can contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 when your group becomes eligible and a customer service representative will assist you with your seat upgrade over the phone. Seat locations cannot be held; the transaction must be completed during your phone call. The Redskins Ticket Office is open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Can I add seats to my account?

Yes, however, the process of adding seats cannot be done online. You must contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 at the time you become eligible for the upgrade. You should review the available inventory online prior to calling so you can request a particular location; however, it’s important to remember that the location may not be available when you speak to a customer service representative. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to hold or reserve a location you see online.

Can I reduce the number of seats on my account?
For information on reducing the number of season tickets you have, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 when your account is eligible to upgrade.

If I upgrade my seats, will the price of my tickets change?
This depends on the location of the new seats you select. The price of the available seats is clearly noted in the ISM, so you can decide before you upgrade if you want to pay for higher priced tickets or upgrade to a location at the same price as you currently pay.

What happens if I do not like the new location of my seats?
All seat upgrades are final. Once you select a new location and complete the upgrade process, your original location will be made available for other tickets holders for their upgrade.

What if I don’t like any of the locations available?
Keep checking back during the upgrade program. New locations will come available as other season ticket holders upgrade their seats. Ultimately, if you don’t see a location you like this season, you will have the same opportunity to upgrade in future years.

How do I make payment if my new seat location costs more?
The balance due will be charged at check-out. Payment for seat upgrades must be made by credit card (MasterCard, American Express, Visa, Discover) in order for the upgrade to take place.

I have Terrace Seats (Sections 213-230, Rows 14-23). Can I upgrade those seats?
No, the seat upgrade process does not apply to the Terrace Seats (Limited and Obstructed View seating).

I have Upper Level Standing tickets (Sections SRO410-SRO437-SRO445). Can I upgrade those?
No, the seat upgrade process does not apply to the Upper Standing locations.

Looks like they have a new stadium diagram
http://tickets.redskins.com/stadium/

shows the prices and color codes the stadium by those prices.

looks like a 5 year-old's coloring book now. while I think this new system makes more sense (people with the best seats paying more), it's certainly not as simple as the previous model.

Looks like they have a new stadium diagram
http://tickets.redskins.com/stadium/

shows the prices and color codes the stadium by those prices.

looks like a 5 year-old's coloring book now. while I think this new system makes more sense (people with the best seats paying more), it's certainly not as simple as the previous model.

Ha, I don't find that complicated at all - its perfectly reasonable and how I would make a seating price chart if I owned a stadium. Maybe that means I color like a 5-year old? :)

I'm just so used to the old system.

There were 3 zones - lower level, upper sideline, upper endzone/corner
The latter 2 had two different price points, rows 1-16, rows 17+.

Going to take me a while to adjust. Probably speaks more to how archaic/out of whack the old system was more than anything else.

Has anybody received the start date of the upgrade process? I know it says early May & we will get an e-mail 2 weeks before, but I want to make sure I don't miss it!

I've been asking around because I have the same questions. I've seen one person say they got a letter in the mail yesterday.

I don't recall checking my mail yesterday :paranoid:

I normally receive an email before an actual letter though, so far no email :(

People elsewhere are reporting post cards... First week in May is the earliest I've seen.

I've yet to receive any notification :(

If I don't get one soon I'm going to have to call :(

Got my postcard. Transferred from RFK and I'm in sect 141. My window starts May 6. The postcard says the upgrade program will end May 31 at 11:59 p.m.

Got my postcard. I'm Tuesday May 14 at 10am. Had tickets since 2004.

lol the redskins just sent out an email with the same information as the postcard; except someone screwed up and it's missing one important piece:

Mr. LOL

Account Number xxxxxxxxxx

Redskins Seating Upgrade Notification

Upgrade Window Starts:
Upgrade Window Ends: Friday, May 31 at 11:59 p.m.

The new season ticket holder upgrade program allows you to pick your new seat location from available inventory. Simply log onto www.Redskins.com/MyAccount starting at the date and time listed above and search for your new seats. You are under no obligation to relocate your seats. You will remain in your current seats unless you choose to upgrade.

Please note:
· You will not see any upgrade options on-line until your account is eligible.
· The upgrade program will end on May 31 at 11:59 p.m.
· If you do not have internet access or need further assistance, please call the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. during your upgrade window.
· The on-line upgrade program does not apply to Club seats, Upper Level standing tickets or seats in Sections 213-230, Rows 14-23.

For more information, including FAQs and Step-by-Step upgrading instructions, go to

Oh awesome, thanks for that.

I find it interesting there is an 'upgrade/downgrade cost' column in the checkout screen. Early information said you would not be able to downgrade - that you had to contact the ticket office by phone to do that.

I'm so excited. I'm hoping I can get into the first few rows of 217. Preferably towards the midfield side of the section....

Definitely an interesting change. It'll be cool to see what's available originally, as well as how the available seats change over time, as people upgrade their seats. I'm happy with my current seats but it will be fun to try to find better ones.

Reports are the system crashed when upgrades opened up for the tailgate club members at 10 AM this morning.

Hopefully they get that fixed...

The system didn't crash this morning. It ran a little slow in my opinion, but not bad I guess.

Nothing available that I would move to. Lower level sections with available seats this morning were 135-139, 235-238, 116-118, 213, 215-219, 125-131,
225-233. I didn't check the specific seats within the sections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.