• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Season Opener, 9/12, 1pm - Chargers at Washington

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
126 days ... and counting.

Justin Herbert meets Chase, Montez & Co.

Jamin Davis? Welcome to the NFL.

Ryan Fitzpatrick takes the field for real for the first time as a ... Football Teamer. Or does he, Mr. Heinicke?

Year Two of the RivEra begins. Do we hit the ground running and pick up where we left off last year?

Dallas faces the defending champions on the road Thursday prior. So they'll be 0-1.

Giants get a cupcake at home w/ Denver coming in. No idea.

Eagles are at Falcons, with Ryan perhaps having Julio Jones AND Kyle Pitts roaming the secondary.

Ready for some football?

Is it just me or does it seem incredible to anyone else that Rivera has been in DC just one year? It feels like he’s been here revamping and rebuilding this thing for at least 3 years - pretty incredible all he has managed and done (oh - while being treated for cancer) in such a short time.

As for the opener, I like starting with a more winnable contest, especially at home.

As for 2021 strength of schedule, saw this graphic yesterday.

FD688771-41BC-43EE-905D-160C57A09F3E.jpeg

If I’m reading that correctly, based on 2020 wins and losses, our opponents were basically .500 last season. I’m not sure why folks keep trumpeting that we have one of the toughest schedules in the league this year. It can always turn out that way because every year we see teams ascend and decline with amazing rapidity. But setting aside draft and FA additions and coaching changes, looks to me like it will not be epically difficult. Every schedule is of course difficult - ‘any given Sunday’ is a real thing. But I don’t think Washington has anything to be intimidated by in 2021 based on supposed strength of schedule or anything else for that matter.

Last edited:
we honestly should have won 10 games last year. If we had Smith in there over Haskins we win at least half the games he lost.

That being said...San Diego ;) at home makes me a bit nervous. That QB has a cannon. We have the front 4 from Hades.

I like our odds.

I also think Fitz starts the season. He is just too seasoned and his magic will be ready to go. The thing with him though is he tends to have bad magic moments as well. That is when I think Hieneke comes in.

Is it just me or does it seem incredible to anyone else that Rivera has been in DC just one year? It feels like he’s been here revamping and rebuilding this thing for at least 3 years - pretty incredible all he has managed and done (oh - while being treated for cancer) in such a short time.

As for the opener, I like starting with a more winnable contest, especially at home.

As for 2021 strength of schedule, saw this graphic yesterday.

View attachment 5256
If I’m reading that correctly, based on 2020 wins and losses, our opponents were basically .500 last season. I’m not sure why folks keep trumpeting that we have one of the toughest schedules in the league this year. It can always turn out that way because every year we see teams ascend and decline with amazing rapidity. But setting aside draft and FA additions and coaching changes, looks to me like it will not be epically difficult. Every schedule is of course difficult - ‘any given Sunday’ is a real thing. But I don’t think Washington has anything to be intimidated by in 2021 based on supposed strength of schedule or anything else for that matter.

The fact that 6 of our games are sub .500 division opponents skews that down and almost washes out the fact that we play all 4 teams that were playing on championship weekend.

Plus the division will not suck as bad.

West coast team on the road with a 1pm start?

Me likey.

Reactions: Om
There’s no question we are playing some top tier teams. The Bucs, Chiefs, Packers, and Bills are all great squads. But there are some questions with some of the other traditionally tough teams.

Seattle won 12 games last year, but Wilson isn’t happy and we don’t play them in Seattle. Geno Smith is the backup so that could be a factor.

The Saints take the field for the first time since 2005 without Drew Brees on the roster. They won 12 last year but you have to assume it’ll be tougher sledding in 2021 with either Winston,Taysom Hill, Trevor Simian, or Ian Book under center.

The Chargers have a new HC and only won 7 games in 2020.

The Panthers will have Sam Darnold under center looking to improve on a 5 win 2020 season with a new GM and 2nd year HC. Plus Charlotte is Fed Ex Field South - closest thing to a home crowd we ever get. They don’t scare me.

The Falcons won just 4 games in 2020, have a new HC and other than Matt Ryan and new addition Kyle Pitts, are no longer an intimidating team.

And the Broncos have a brand new GM, haven’t been to the playoffs since 2015, and have already lost a starting OT to a torn Achilles in training. Oh - and they still don’t have a definitive starting QB. They did grab Surtain and a couple of safeties in the draft and also added Javonte Williams at RB. But I don’t see them beating us.

And I’m not even sure we can’t knock off a couple of the top tier teams on a good day.

Last edited:
Vs Seattle last year - we lose 20-15. Haskins throws 2 picks
Vs Tampa last year - we lost 31-23. Hieneke has his first start.

Green Bay is in shambles with a diva QB who doesn't even want to be there
The Chefs have a whole new "cheap" OL so we'll see how well they hold up
The Donkeys might get Aaron Rodgers which will be hard to deal with, but a new QB on a new team with no players he knows.....not the best recipe
The Falcons once again tried to ditch Julio Jones and he knows it...he won't make it a full season.
Panthers are a tricky one because its his old team. I am not scared of them, but I hate those curses.

I am being a 100% homer, but I really don't "hate" our schedule.

This is supposedly our leaked schedule. If so, it’s one crazy freaking schedule! FIVE straight NFC East games to wrap up the season??? Standing could completely flip in the space of those 5 weeks. Healthiest squad at the end of the year will have a huge advantage …

F8328914-CE56-43B6-8A6D-BE025910B000.jpeg

If that NFCE gauntlet at the end is for real, I'm thinking we'll see similarly backloaded division schedules around the league. It would make for some serious playoff implications in those late season weeks, when so many games always seem to involve teams with no real history against each other, and often when one of them is just playing out the string.

Division games are always stir up the fan bases.

so much for a reveal podcast LOL

Vs Seattle last year - we lose 20-15. Haskins throws 2 picks
Vs Tampa last year - we lost 31-23. Hieneke has his first start.

Green Bay is in shambles with a diva QB who doesn't even want to be there
The Chefs have a whole new "cheap" OL so we'll see how well they hold up
The Donkeys might get Aaron Rodgers which will be hard to deal with, but a new QB on a new team with no players he knows.....not the best recipe
The Falcons once again tried to ditch Julio Jones and he knows it...he won't make it a full season.
Panthers are a tricky one because its his old team. I am not scared of them, but I hate those curses.

I am being a 100% homer, but I really don't "hate" our schedule.

I like the way you are thinking.

The team's success will ultimately be decided as per usual by our division play.

You win at least 4 games in the NFC East, you are going to give yourself a chance come the end of the year of qualifying for the playoffs.

The supposed "toughness" of our schedule is irrelevant to me.

There is nobody looking at their schedule saying Washington is a cupcake anymore. At least they shouldn't be.

Reactions: Om
I may be in the severe minority (big surprise there) about the division games being bunched at the end of the season but I love, love, LOVE it.

A battle royale cage match tournament for the division title. If the winner survives the gauntlet relatively unscathed, boy will they be playoff ready.

Only one mention of the Team in here with the week 5 Fitzmagic, but still funny.

Schedules mean nothing in the NFL. Injuries are so numerous and play such an important role in who wins and advances with the cap limiting ability to stockpile quality depth.

What looks like a killer schedule now goes down leaps and bounds if you see KC and Seattle lose their starting QBs for that game as happened in 2020 in a number of our games.

I also agree with the posters that in a year when Prescott was out for the year and the Cowboys at one point were starting a practice squad quarterback and Philly was self-destructing in front of our eyes, Washington would have won the East with a bit more distance without Dwayne Haskins.

Our record with Haskins was 1-5.

Our record without Haskins was 6-4.

I don't care what Haskins does in Pittsburgh. During his time here he was perhaps the most immature and insincere athlete I have seen in some time. His disappearance after the Carolina loss to avoid the media and go home was gutless. Rivera had no choice after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.