• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

SBN: Snyder Behind the Kelly Pick, not Cerrato

At this point I have only one wish. That whatever mistakes Dan Snyder made, in terms of involvement in football matters he had no qualifications making, he has in fact learned from.

As long as the past is behind us we're good. Problem is, it's going to take more than a year and a half to establish a degree of trust. Nothing Synder can do today, or NOT do, is going to convince anyone he really and truly has turned football ops over to the professionals and will not revert.

Only time can do that.

Yes. Get a life. Really.

And yes it is, burgundy and gold obsession.

Not, I'm So Completely Jealous of Dan Snyder I Fear My Head Will Bust, obsession.
Or, Let Me Add Yet ANOTHER Dan Snyder Is The Debil Thread, obsession.
Even a casual knows this. I myself have been a diehard since before some of you were knee high to your own ego. One thing is for sure, after the horse is dead, he doesn't feel the blows anymore. Self gratification, is continuing to beat it's only benefit.

While reflecting on the past is necessary, dwelling in it is quite useless. Most especially when trying to elevate ones own trivial contributions, by constantly pointing at flaws of those who have obviously achieved levels of success that they themselves will likely never broach. Even worse is when the target is such an easy mark. Through his own deeds, to be sure, but also through the ignorance of those who really don't know, but think they do.

And "get a life" obviously hit it's mark, generating a "Guilty as Charged" response, desperately disguised as an "I'm A Better Fan Than You".

That's fine. Others can fret, piss, and moan about a past, that fretting, pissing, and moaning, will do nothing to change. I'll worry about our game tonight. Root for the guys we have NOW, to play well, avoid injury, and move on to a successful future.

LOL. The elderly amuse me. We're on a Redskins message board, and that is a current, relevant Redskins topic about a player that was released yesterday. What is it you think we do here?

And keep your smarmy guesses at thread-posting motivation to yourself.

LOL. The elderly amuse me. We're on a Redskins message board, and that is a current, relevant Redskins topic about a player that was released yesterday. What is it you think we do here?

And keep your smarmy guesses at thread-posting motivation to yourself.
LOL. Children are so cute. They lie when you catch them with their in the cookie jar, and try to tell you they were just getting one for you.

You're envious of Dan Snyder. I get it. You want to lead another charge up the Kill Danny hill. Not much of a life, but it's your to waste.

It's a dead horse homey. It does zilch to help the team prepare for tonight.

And my thread posting guesses were 100% accurate.

While you, referring to anyone else as, smarmy is, how did you say it, delicious.

LOL. Children are so cute. They lie when you catch them with their in the cookie jar, and try to tell you they were just getting one for you.

You're envious of Dan Snyder. I get it. You want to lead another charge up the Kill Danny hill. Not much of a life, but it's your to waste.

Let's be honest here - If you're not envious of the owner of the Redskins (whoever that may be) then you're doing it wrong. That's the dream job for any die-hard Redskins fan, and why Madden (especially franchise mode) is so incredibly popular. Everyone wants control of their favorite team.

This is not about jealousy - its about the operation of the team. By Snyder. Who failed miserably.

It's a dead horse homey. It does zilch to help the team prepare for tonight.

Let's be real again - you think your posts help the team prepare for tonight? This is BGObsession not BGDelusion, bro. Your posts are no better at my posts than doing anything "for the team."

And my thread posting guesses were 100% accurate.

Well then, who exactly needs to "Get a life?" The guy posting about Dan Snyder, or the guy coming into Dan Snyder threads and guessing why they're being posted and telling the OP to "Get a life?" That's the point you keep missing - I guess old dogs can't learn new tricks!

While you, referring to anyone else as, smarmy is, how did you say it, delicious.

Which one of us came into someone else's thread with self-righteous indignation about why we thought the OP should get a life? Thought so...

Let's be honest here - If you're not envious of the owner of the Redskins (whoever that may be) then you're doing it wrong. That's the dream job for any die-hard Redskins fan, and why Madden (especially franchise mode) is so incredibly popular. Everyone wants control of their favorite team.
It's about WHY you're envious. Which has little to do with ownership.

This is not about jealousy - its about the operation of the team. By Snyder. Who failed miserably.
So far. The final chapter has yet to be written.

Let's be real again - you think your posts help the team prepare for tonight? This is BGObsession not BGDelusion, bro. Your posts are no better at my posts than doing anything "for the team."
Um, yes Lanky. My trying to steer you away from focusing on the negativity of Christmas' past, will increase the good vibrations that most other fans are trying to embrace, at the moment, and therefore improve karma for our team.

Well then, who exactly needs to "Get a life?" The guy posting about Dan Snyder, or the guy coming into Dan Snyder threads and guessing why they're being posted and telling the OP to "Get a life?" That's the point you keep missing - I guess old dogs can't learn new tricks!
Sorry. Didn't mean to force you to question your life. Just trying to share some wisdom with a junior fan, about the past, and how you can't change it now. Don't fret though, you'll eventually catch on.

Which one of us came into someone else's thread with self-righteous indignation about why we thought the OP should get a life?
When someone is smarter than you, their advice can come on as a bit self-righteous. But again, don't panic. You'll learn. ;)

Are we going to have to send you two to bed without dessert tonight?

:cool:

I'm a moderate, but hate moderating. Help me out bros.

I don't follow the NBA closely enough to know how or what Cuban has done to affect the product on the court - but I do hope Snyder ends up with a trophy like Cuban!

Cuban has a loud mouth but he is front and center about being in charge and taking the hits as well as the applause.

I think what many objected to here in DC is that Snyder was there at the press conferences to introduce his free agents and smoke cigars before the team did anything.

But then when things didn't turn out he withdrew and let others take the heat.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Two things.

1. Is this really news? I thought we all knew that Vinnie was just a yes-man and that Snyder had a big hand in personnel decisions. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that just about any pick from 2000 until 2008 was actually a Snyder pick. Shrug.

2. Is this worth fighting over? Why is posting this article such a heinous crime? Snyder's been a lousy owner. Frankly, it's going to take years for that impression to change ... at least for some of us. For those of you who have already decided Snyder's a changed man, forgive the rest of us our lack of optimism. It's been a long decade.

It's certainly not worth going 15 rounds over. In my opinion.

Two things.

1. Is this really news? I thought we all knew that Vinnie was just a yes-man and that Snyder had a big hand in personnel decisions. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that just about any pick from 2000 until 2008 was actually a Snyder pick. Shrug.

I always imagined Snyder as an over-zealous child, kind of hopping around the war room going "Pick Kelly! Pick Kelly!" but that maybe Cerrato was actually in charge of drafting. I never thought Snyder was actually pushing the buttons in the draft room - I suppose it is news to me.

2. Is this worth fighting over? Why is posting this article such a heinous crime? Snyder's been a lousy owner. Frankly, it's going to take years for that impression to change ... at least for some of us. For those of you who have already decided Snyder's a changed man, forgive the rest of us our lack of optimism. It's been a long decade.

It's certainly not worth going 15 rounds over. In my opinion.

Absolutely not, my bad. Apologies to all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.