• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rushing to the end of the season...

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
While Fat Al seems to be the hot topic that just won't die, he's done for the season, and dam it, there still football to play.

With the pending return of Torain, who would you like to see get the majority of the snaps for the remaining games, as that guy could be our work horse come next season. While Portis wants to return next season, he's about as done as it gets in the durability department. I don't expect to see him on the playing field in a Redskins uni ever again.

I was pretty high on Torain until the injury. Yup, running backs get injured, but in his short career, it seems there's already a pattern of injury. Will this plague him throughout his career.... spin the wheel, consult the magic 8 ball or the ouija board, because there's no way to tell. Even Miss Cleo isn't gonna help on this one.

Williams and Davis have done well all things considered. Hell, Adrien Peterson would look like a rook behind our line at this point, but somebody is gonna be toting the rock more then the others. While Torain (4.3) has the best average, with Williams (4.0) close behind, I personally would like to see Davis (3.4) get the most carries out of the three. There's no way for me to express why I feel this way, it just one of those feelings.

We need a stable of running backs. I like Torain, but as you mentioned, not clear he has the durability to get 'er done game after game.

I'll be honest - I believe we spend every damn pick we have on our offensive line. We build a great and deep offensive line, I'll carry the pigskin myself and likely last a game or two :)

We need a stable of running backs. I like Torain, but as you mentioned, not clear he has the durability to get 'er done game after game.

I'll be honest - I believe we spend every damn pick we have on our offensive line. We build a great and deep offensive line, I'll carry the pigskin myself and likely last a game or two :)

Oh, I agree on building the line... both lines. My head my explode if we go for "best at the spot" or a skill player, though we do need a QB of the future. I'm waiting to see what happens in Philly actually. I don't see them letting Vick go, and Kolb could be a solid long term option for us. It will be hard for them to keep both of them.

Hate to disagree Miles, but I think the Eagles can franchise Vick, and Kolbs contract is fairly manageable, if memory serves. Unfortunately for us, given Vick's style of play, the Eagles have set themselves up fairly well.

As the original post, i would like to see extended time given to Davis. Williams to me seems like a potentially solid change of pace back, but for some reason doesn't excite me as a featured back. Torain is too fragile I think, though we will probably see him back next year, unless Davis really impresses over the last few games. I would then like to see us get a speedster to round out the RBs.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I have to say, none excites me as a starter. I want to see what Davis has since he seems like he could be the most explosive of the three. But they all three sort of remind me of Quinton Gaither, like a solid fill in during a season that was beyond repair.

Vick's style does not lend itself to durability. I would doubt at 31 that Vick playing the way he does makes it through 16 game seasons in the future. My guess is he is going to modify his style A BIT to produce greater longevity going forward.

He has the skill players now to be more of a guy that moves in the pocket and uses the bootleg to create plays downfield.

The Redskins need SPEED on the offense.

We need better athleticism at RB. There is no home run hitter, nobody that scares a defense.

Torain when healthy is a solid between the tackles runner who as we have seen can move past the initial defender and get through the line of scrimmage.

But he is more in the mold of Barber or Jacobs.

We need a Felix Jones or Ahmad Bradshaw to add the fear factor on the edge and haven't had that in quite awhile.

Hate to disagree Miles, but I think the Eagles can franchise Vick, and Kolbs contract is fairly manageable, if memory serves. Unfortunately for us, given Vick's style of play, the Eagles have set themselves up fairly well.

Yes, I've heard that about the QB situation in Philly, but ya just never know how things play out. We've seen some silly stuff happen around the league over time.

Oh, and never hate to disagree with me. Great discussions come from opposing view points.

Vick's style does not lend itself to durability. I would doubt at 31 that Vick playing the way he does makes it through 16 game seasons in the future. My guess is he is going to modify his style A BIT to produce greater longevity going forward.

He has the skill players now to be more of a guy that moves in the pocket and uses the bootleg to create plays downfield.

We need better athleticism at RB. There is no home run hitter, nobody that scares a defense.

Torain when healthy is a solid between the tackles runner who as we have seen can move past the initial defender and get through the line of scrimmage.

We need a Felix Jones or Ahmad Bradshaw to add the fear factor on the edge and haven't had that in quite awhile.

While I'd like to agree, at this point we have to fight just to get to the second level of the D. With a line that can get a real push, giving the back a shot at a linebacker in space, we may fare a lot better then expected. I do agree that we're no threat on the edge what so ever right now. Hell, we're not much of a threat in general so defenses can key on the run.

It's so hard to evaluate any back behind this line.

I would like to see Davis continue to get carries as well as Williams. If we can get both of these guys up to speed and running the ball effectively (4 - 4.5 a carry) it will be a huge part of the offense. Portis has come out and said he will take a pay cut to be a Redskin next year, and i hope they keep him. I know he has some durability issues but he also can help these younger guys with their pass blocking as well as be a 3rd down back. So, in the event we keep Portis next year, that leaves Torain, Williams, Davis as our HBs. One of them most likely wont be here.

Torain has his injury issues which is a major concern, but i'd love to see that guy get going over a decent span of time, not just a few games at a time. So in turn i would like to see Williams and Davis both get a bunch of carries to see who wants it more. Now's your chance boys... lets go get it.

We need better athleticism at RB. There is no home run hitter, nobody that scares a defense. brown may yet be a decent player...so I'd replace both guards and MOST ESPECIALLY THE CENTER. don't forget....big Mike Williams may be back next season...so that could free one draft or FA signing for other needs.

agree on RBs. you could see it in pre-season. the only RBs I favored were Torrain and CP because they had a first step burst to the hole. none of the others do. overall, none of our RBs have the quickness/speed to take it to the house. the running game could be serviceable if we had a passing game that scared anyone......but.....we see now what we have seen since before Norval: the combination of O-line and RBs either aint smart enough, athletic enough or coached well enough to handle blitzes on a relatively consistent basis.

so...no mystery here. let's put aside defense until we see where the team is headed after the season. invest all your energy in two things: building a championship caliber O-line & finding your QB of the future. get lucky and uncover a gem receiver.....or wait until yet another season passes recognizing there are just too many holes to fill.

but get that O-line together first. these are the players you can keep around the longest. don't forget that big Mike Williams may be back next season to play guard. I have always thought he was a keeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.