• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Running the Marathon Tomorrow

Henry

I drink and I know things
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Well boys (and girls), this is it. I'm running the Marine Corps Marathon tomorrow. Been training for it since February and I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. Wish me luck and keep those Lions at bay until I get back!

Wishing you lots of luck and lots of skill to get a good, solid result/finish. Be on the lookout for some part time blogger who may try to throw a tomato in your direction. :biggrin2:

Go Henry!!!

Awesome brother :cheers:

I know you have run it before - it's a great race and you should have great Fall weather tomorrow as well. Been far too long for me. Maybe next year will be the year....

Break a leg sir!

And, most importantly, OOH-RAH!!!

Good luck bro

Try not to end up like this

559305.jpg

Good luck and more power to you! :movefast:

OK, maybe that's not the best strategy for a marathon, but you get my drift. :thumbsup:

5:30 or so. I was hoping for about an hour better but both my legs cramped up at mile 15. Gutted it out but had to take more walking breaks than I planned. HeLl of a ride tho :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm very impressed. You did great imo. Congrats on a job well done.

Congrats Henry! I was down there to support a dear friend of mine. She finished at 4:32. Walking from one position to another to support her, I feel like I ran one myself.

I have to say, I am not interested in ever running a Marathon. Watching the faces of everyone running at about the 15 mile mark and beyond, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Congratulations Henry! Great Job!!!

Congrats Henry! Running a marathon is a major accomplishment - at any speed. Way to go brother, and enjoy hobbling around for the next few days knowing you earned those aches and pains :cheers:

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the kind words. In all my training runs I never had leg cramps like that. The frustrating thing was I felt totally fine otherwise, but every time I ran for more the five minutes they'd come back and I'd have to walk them out. The last twelve miles ended up taking me about three hours.

And then I came home just in time to watch the Redskins lose.

At least the Cowboys are done. :)

way to go Henry!!! see...you can now say you ran for something in 2010!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.