• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rumor: New WR Coach

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Hail! is reporting on FB that Ike Hillard has been hired as the new Wide Receivers coach of the Redskins. I have not seen confirmation anywhere else yet so I am treating this as rumor for now.

Last edited:
Looks like it is true.

Other stuff.

Slowik moves over to LB coach - replaces Spanos.

LaRon Landry chooses not to have achilles surgery. Could strain relations with the team.

I wish they had just let Slowik go. I was less than thrilled that Shanahan brought him with him from Denver (he was the failed Defensive Coordinator there).

Just hoping that Slowik will not have the LBs playing ten yards back.

LaRon Landry chooses not to have achilles surgery. Could strain relations with the team.
I hadn't heard this, but if it's true, he is the biggest idiot in football. Not only will the failure to get fixed cost him yet another season, it will cost him that big contract he had himself duped into believing he had earned after missing the vast majority of the games these past 2 seasons.

I say we cut our losses and move on. Before any naysayers argue against it - he isn't playing for us anyway. he's played in what, 6-8 of the last 40 games? Useless.

I'm with you Ex on Landry... Sorry I'm not down with waiting another year waiting for him to heal magically. He can take his magnet therapy and his patchouli oil and hit the bricks. When an athlete is paid that much money, he has an obligation to seek the very best medicine available. Moss did it, Peyton did it, Owens did it. His refusal means that this is gonna bother him till it pops and if/when it pops he will be out for over a year and it will then take him another year to regain his game. I understand where he is coming from, I never got surgery on my ankle that needs it badly because there's a pretty good chance of the surgery causing complications for life, but I'm not paid millions of dollars to be in top condition. If he doesn't get this thing fixed, I'm over being patient with him, and not a fan anymore.

I don't understand why he didn't do the surgery the moment he was shut down for the season.

If I was Shanny I'd be damned if I'm going into the season with my coaching career on the line at the mercy of a guy like this.

If its not at best a vet minimum with incentives type contract I'm going to be surprised.

I had the achilles tendon surgery (cadaver tendon replacement) when I was 33 and yeah it took me a year to get back to full strength

Landry is an idiot. Although, once you have the surgery there's always a chance you won't recover fully, so maybe he's trying to avoid that risk? At this point though, its pretty clear the surgery will be necessary.

The Redskins need to move on from Landry. The defense has been forced to start Reed Doughty and others like Kareem Moore and DeJon Gomes because Landry has been on the IR consistently.

We need a new set of safeties that are healthy and can cover the middle of the field vs. the pass.

Ya'll ain't gonna like this news...

Danny Smith was signed to a new four year deal that is comparable to the highest earning special teams coaches in the league.

Enjoy.

Danny Smith was signed to a new four year deal that is comparable to the highest earning special teams coaches in the league.

Enjoy.
Oh well, if the choices were, sign either Rex Grossman, or Danny Smith, to a 4 year deal, I'll take Danny.

I think.

Enjoy.
I like it. Then again, I'm in the minority around here that realizes he's a lot better than a lot of you think he is. A guy doesn't get retained by multiple different coaches, get a big salary, etc. if he sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.