• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rounds 4-7

If you want a "between the tackles" guy, why not Ganaway? Not liking that pick at all in this round.

Think about what an RB in a ZBS is supposed to do-find the cut back lane opened up by the zone blocking and dart through it in a hurry without hesitating or "dancing around" behind the line of scrimmage.

From Shanny's perspective it's a potential fit.

173. Alfred Morris, RB, Florida Atlantic: C+ Grade
You can't question a Mike Shanahan late-round running back pick. Alfred Morris has some good running ability, but he's guilty of fumbling a lot. The Redskins needed to find a running back because Tim Hightower is a free agent.

If you want a "between the tackles" guy, why not Ganaway? Not liking that pick at all in this round.

I wonder if this quote about Ganaway and pass protection might have something to do with it?

01/26/12 - 2012 SENIOR BOWL THURSDAY: RB Terrance Ganaway, Baylor: At 5-11 and 241 pounds, Ganaway has the bruising size and natural power to work well between the tackles. But if he hopes to see playing time at the next level, he must improve his blocking. Ganaway has struggled in practice this week in pass protection drills, showing poor habits and inexperience. He routinely drops his helmet and leaves his feet, allowing pass rushers to brush by him and get to the pocket. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Link: http://nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69990&draftyear=2012&genpos=RB

I think Morris could have been had in the 7th round. It just seems like we keep reaching, like everything is a round early.

I have no problem replacing Hightower, if we don't want him, I just wonder who get's the ball on 3rd and inches from the goal line.

Yeah, a big Brandon Jacobs type would be good.

What are the odds our next pick is yet ANOTHER guy none of us had on the radar? I'm predicting Newbomb Turk. ;)

OL. CB, WR, Burfict? Nah.....how about D-Line.

Hey, I won't be surprised if we draft a WR at this point.

Another O-Lineman would be my preference..

Big boy. 6'5", 315 lbs, projected to go in 4th or 5th round. Might have gotten a good value here.

Here's the blurb.

OVERVIEW
Compton started four straight seasons at tackle for South Dakota, and possesses NFL-caliber size and good athleticism. He is somewhat of an unknown coming from a smaller school, but he has shown the efficiency, smarts and athletic ability to survive at the next level. He could be selected as high as the fourth round.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Compton is quick off the ball and can use angles to effectively get upfield on linebackers. He can position and does a good job of keeping his man in front of him. He can get around the line to the second level effortlessly when pulling, and has a technically sound pass set, which shows his perfect footwork.
WEAKNESSES Compton has limited experience against top-level competition (though he has faced Minnesota and Wisconsin in recent seasons) and could face an early learning curve. He is a good run-blocker but is far from explosive; he is more of a gentle mover and sustainer than a dominating force. As a pass blocker, he punches his hands but can get slightly off balance at times.

We have worked on OL this draft-cool. :)

Link: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/tom-compton?id=2532816

CBS sports described him as 'physical and nasty'. I like that :)

Hey, even Batman had an Alfred....why not RG3??

Love the big tackle pick!

Was hoping it would either be Compton or Potter. I guess we go WR and CB in the 7th. Nah, let's go NJB!

Positives: Looks the part with a naturally large frame with a relatively trim middle. Best asset is his strength and disposition as a run blocker. Gives a strong initial punch. Plays with good leverage, bends at the knees and sees what he's hitting, showing the ability to roll his hips into the defender and drive him off the line of scrimmage. Physical and nasty. Has long arms (33 7/8 inches) and strong hands in pass protection. At least adequate lateral agility to mirror. Good practice week at East-West Shrine Game. Two-time captain. Negatives: Will struggle protecting the edge against NFL-caliber speed. Dominated FCS with size and strength and has average overall lateral agility. Oversteps on his kick-side, allowing too wide of ...

Now this is a great pick. My favorite besides RG3.

Picking a need, with a great value, far later than projected. You can't ask for more.

193. Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota: A Grade
Another lineman? If these guys pan out, Robert Griffin may never be sacked, given his scrambling ability. Tom Compton is a really nice value pick; he was a Round 4-5 prospect enterting the weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.