• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rotoworld: Pre-Draft NFL Lineup Rankings

Lanky Livingston

#9 seems a bit high, but we did just win the NFC East with largely the same lineup.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42824/59/pre-draft-nfl-lineup-rankings

9. Washington Redskins

QB: Robert Griffin III
RB: Alfred Morris
FB: Darrel Young
WR: Pierre Garcon
WR: Josh Morgan
TE: Logan Paulsen
LT: Trent Williams
LG: Kory Lichtensteiger
C: Will Montgomery
RG: Chris Chester
RT: Tyler Polumbus

Offensive Overview: This ranking assumes all goes well with Griffin's right knee. By all accounts, his recovery thus far is "ahead of schedule." Returning all five offensive line starters, the Redskins pound defenses into submission with the run game. When RG3 is healthy, they also field a quick-strike, bomb-happy vertical passing attack that hit peak performance when Garcon was healthy last season. Free agent TE Fred Davis, coming off a torn Achilles' tendon, figures to return on an incentive-laden contract. The Skins haven't lost anyone from their top-five offense.

LE: Jarvis Jenkins
RE: Stephen Bowen
NT: Barry Cofield
ILB: London Fletcher
ILB: Perry Riley
OLB: Brian Orakpo
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan
RCB: Josh Wilson
LCB: E.J. Biggers*
FS: DeJon Gomes
SS: Brandon Meriweather

Defensive Overview: The Redskins' lone significant loss from last year's defense is CB DeAngelo Hall, who is maddeningly inconsistent in coverage and may return at a reduced rate anyway. Secondary deficiencies can also be masked by ferocious pass rush, and top edge rusher Orakpo is back from his torn pectoral. The front seven is strong, but the defensive backfield must still be addressed early and often in April's draft. Biggers, Gomes, and Meriweather are all borderline starters or worse. After the RG3 trade, Washington won’t draft in this year’s first round but has seven picks, beginning at No. 51.

Meriweather is a "borderline starter or worse"? Really?

News flash, the guy was a first round draft pick and a Pro Bowler. I know he has had a couple tough years but he flashed real good stuff in the pre-season and in his half of play last year. Not sure how he got down graded so fast.

Interesting Gomes is listed as the started at safety. I guess Merriweather is interesting too, considering his health issues.

Meriweather is a "borderline starter or worse"? Really?

News flash, the guy was a first round draft pick and a Pro Bowler. I know he has had a couple tough years but he flashed real good stuff in the pre-season and in his half of play last year. Not sure how he got down graded so fast.

Interesting Gomes is listed as the started at safety. I guess Merriweather is interesting too, considering his health issues.

There's a reason he signed with us on the cheap - he was ineffective his last year in New England and wasn't that great in Chicago. Then last year, he barely played. If he was a pro-bowler 3 years ago, nobody cares. At this moment he's a borderline starter. Until he proves differently.

I think top third is fair. We were a division champ and a playoff team and we haven't had any truly significant losses. Continuity on a good, young team is a real good thing. Provided Griffin returns there's no reason not to think we could win 10 again.

Griffin is, of course, the big question mark.

I think there are a number of reasons to believe we might not win 10 games this season. The NFC East has gotten stronger while the Redskins have, at best (and that may be a generous assessment) tread water. We had to have a miracle finish streak last year just to get to the post-season - granted - we DID have a miracle finish, but my point is, can we really count on that kind of a run again? With Griffin a question mark at best to start the season, a quick start would seem unlikely, so we may find ourselves behind the 8 ball early once again. On paper anyway, we have a very tough schedule. And teams, particularly our NFC East rivals, have had time to figure out how to slow the read-option down. I don't think they can stop it, but they'll have more luck this coming year than they did in Griff's inaugural year.

I'm highly skeptical we'll be better than .500 this coming season. I think Skins fans are still a bit drunk from last year's unexpected success. I think we struggle a bit this year - not having improved protection for whomever is under center even an iota, bringing in a new special teams coach, and arguably being even more scary this year in our secondary than last year (if that's possible). We also benefitted greatly from an unbelievable year from Alfred Morris - not sure he'll have the same kind of jaw-dropping success or health this year, or who we can count on if he goes down. Too many questions going into this year to say 'no reason not to think we could win 10 again'.

And when did Henry and I switch identities? :)

Boone, the previous season, I swear we could have won 9...maybe 10 games had even Kirk Cousins been QB. Rex and Beck lost us a lot of games. This past season we ha 2 of our defensive stars drop like flies in the 2nd game of the year. That was huge and we lost 4 of the next 6 games.

I am not saying we are definitely at 10 wins, I am not even saying we break .500, but I am not as convinced we struggle so much this year. We can win without Robert, Kirk showed that against Cleveland and there were many close games we played the season before that Rex found a way to lose for us in the waining moments.

captain buzz kill

I hear ya :)

I'm normally the biggest homer here. I'm incredibly optimistic for the long haul, I just have a feeling this could be a tougher year than most anticipate.

I think our offense is just starting to blossom, and will really make strides this year. We're getting at least one, possibly two key starters on defense back, plus Meriweather who was good in limited action, so I'm less worried there than I was last year.

I'll admit, this season is a complete mystery to me - I wouldn't be surprised with 7-9 OR 11-5...its going to be a rollercoaster ride though, that's for sure!

And when did Henry and I switch identities? :)

Apparently only for this thread. :)

I agree that a 7 game win-streak to close out the season is probably not going to happen again. On the other hand, I would be surprised if we started out 3-6 this year. I think this team struggled early on because it was still establishing it's identity ... on both side of the ball. Now, not only do we have it, but we're pretty much getting everybody back. Like I said, I think that continuity will count for more than adding some splashy free agents.

I think the Eagles will be better, simply because they were terrible last year and gave up. But I don't think the Cowboys or Giants will be markedly better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.