• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Roster Cutdown Day: 90 to 75 today.

I was thinking we might get Jon Jansen back from them...

In all seriousness, their OL has been as putrid as our's over the last several years. Last year looked like they may have turned a corner in that regard, but I cannot for the life of me believe a reserve OL from Detroit is worth anything going forward. We will give up a roster spot for this guy now not even knowing if he can fit the system before the start of the season next week. It can't be worth it to put him on the field Wednesday with little knowledge of the playbook, he might get a QB crushed.

Then again, it's a something for nothing deal since it looked like Barnes was simply released anyway, so...

Now it appears, according to Twitter, that Barnes was dealt for a conditional pick. Brown will begin the season on the PUP list.

Redskins ‏@Redskins

The #Redskins have announced the following players were waived: RB's Antwon Bailey and Lennon Creer, OL Chris Campbell, QB Jonathan Crompton, WR's Sam Kirkland and Lance Lewis, TE Beau Reliford, LB Monte Lewis, CB Morgan Trent and C Nick Martinez.

#Redskins have also announced the following vested veterans have been cut: OL James Lee, OL Tony Moll, and K Neil Rackers.

The trade of Barnes and Brown to the PUP makes 15. Surprised Crompton won't even get a 4th Quarter throwaway

Vets released:
Rackers
Moll
Lee

Rookies/first year players released:
Sam Kirkland
Lance Lewis
Beau Reliford
Monte Lewis
Morgan Trent
Nick Martinez
Antwon Bailey
Lennon Creer
Chris Campbell
Jonathan Crompton

PUP:
Brown

Traded:
Barnes (for conditional pick only)

Cousins is going to get 4 quarters of work.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Lance Lewis was released on waivers. Looks like they may try to get him back and put him on IR or PUP list.

Surprised Crompton won't be kept long enough to disect his brain for the Bucs playbook for the big game Wednesday !!

What could he give them? Their coach from last year is our DB Coach...

For Immediate Release
August 27, 2012

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. –The Washington Redskins announced today that they have waived the following players:

RB Antwon Bailey
OL Chris Campbell
RB Lennon Creer
QB Jonathan Crompton
WR Samuel Kirkland
WR Lance Lewis (Waived-Injured)
LB Monte Lewis
G Nick Martinez
TE Beau Reliford
CB Morgan Trent (Waived with Injury Settlement)

In addition, the Redskins released the following veterans:

OL James Lee
OL Tony Moll
K Neil Rackers

Additionally, the team has dealt cornerback Kevin Barnes to the Detroit Lions via trade.

Offensive tackle Jammal Brown was placed on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list from the Active/Physically Unable to Perform list.

The team has until 9 p.m. ET on Friday, Aug. 31 to trim its roster to 53 players. Teams may build a practice squad of eight players beginning at noon ET on Saturday, Sept. 1.

Well, Crompton's release removes the last sliver of hope, I was unrealistically clinging to, that Rex Grossman wouldn't waste a roster spot this season.

Worthless, lard-ass, interception throwing, tub of bile.

I guess now I'll have to pray for Cousins to take the 2nd string position in time for Grossman to be traded before the in-season trading deadline.

The question is, will it be a missed 32 yarder in the 2nd quarter that winds up being the difference.

Or,

After effectively driving a stake in our opponents heart with a TD, will it be the kick off out of bounds, breathing new life into the corpse.

I have no faith in Gano. Though I obviously hope his troubles are behind him now.

Personally, I think we made the right move. They were pretty much at a dead lock kicking in camp and games, and going with the guy who is up and coming over the guy winding it down makes more sense to me.

Personally, I think we made the right move. They were pretty much at a dead lock kicking in camp and games, and going with the guy who is up and coming over the guy winding it down makes more sense to me.
That's all fine and good. Maybe someday he can erase the negative thoughts in my mind every time he's about to kick the ball. But so far, he only inspires doubt.

Certainly no surprises.

Rackers over Gano is mildly surprising...Gano hasn't even kicked a field goal in a game yet, and it seemed like Rackers was winning the camp competition in terms of accuracy. Gano's kickoffs were deeper though...

No surprises......and then Gano and Cooley are released......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.