• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RIP Perry Brooks

Sarge

It hasn't hit the news yet, but Perry Brooks passed away last night. He played for Gibbs I in Super Bowl XVII.

RIP

BRO159528.jpg

I remember Perry Brooks well.

6' 3", 265. Wore #69. Seventh-rounder in '76. Played with us from '78 - '84.

A damn solid, consistent defensive tackle on the breakout Redskins teams of the early 80's.

A Gibbs player.

RIP, Perry.

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/Perry_Brooks

Biography

Perry Brooks (Perry Brooks) was born on December 4, 1954 in Bogalousa, Louisiana. After going to high school at Wesley Ray (Angie, LA), Brooks attended Southern University. Brooks made his professional debut in the NFL in 1978 with the Washington Redskins. He played for the Washington Redskins for his entire 7 year career.

Most people believe that 1984 was Perry Brooks's best year, as he recorded 5.5 sacks.

Statistics

Sack/Safety Stats
year team league games SK SFY
1978 WAS NFL 16 0 0
1979 WAS NFL 12 0 0
1980 WAS NFL 12 0 0
1981 WAS NFL 15 0 0
1982 WAS NFL 5 1 0
1983 WAS NFL 16 2.5 0
1984 WAS NFL 16 5.5 0
7 year NFL career 92 9 0

Last edited:
Dang, 55 is WAAAAY too young. Great memories of him. RIP Perry.

Gee, that's sad. I think all of us fans "of a certain age" remember him well. He was just a good, quality, solid guy that you could count on to do his job. There's way too few guys like him in the NFL these days.

55 is definitely too young to go. My condolences to his family and friends.

Before my time, but its always sad to see a former Redskin pass on. RIP Perry.

RIP Brooks.

I remember him.

He was a solid player.

Damn, he was only 5 years older then me. :frown2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.