• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 Extortion Case

I have been reading about this, but am suspicious that whatever the damaging information was, it hasn't come out yet. Even though the guy was arrested, by now (several days later) there should have been ample opportunity for his story to get out there through different channels. The fact that we are only hearing rumors at this point makes me question the validity of the info.

Yeah, until there's actually something to talk about, there's nothing to talk about. It's all BS right now. If it's got legs, it'll walk.

I think one of the most telling things that suggests it's all BS is that Griff's agents would never have contacted the authorities if there was actually a federal felony offense involved like the rumor I heard.

And while the rumor may not be worth discussing further, I was surprised the extortion story was not mentioned here before I posted this story. That is huge news in the slow off-season.

I'm staying away from it as I feel it's bait at this point in time.

The only comment I really have on the entire situation is that every time something comes up I'm more than pleased with the way Griffin has handled it.

Here's yet another case: he has a problem, he goes directly to the authorities. The last player this celebrated to wear our uniform decided to chase the guys with guns and shoot up their house when he had a problem.

For me it's not about how his handling (so far) reflects on the validity of what this guy was threatening to release, but instead on the character of the guy we spent so many picks on to acquire.

Unless someone has some actual proof that he did something wrong, this is just troll bait to me and I'm doing my best to ignore it/let it play out without investing a lot of emotions.

When I first saw this story, my question was "How is this news?". The only connection to Griffin is that on one of the documents, there were initials that were the same as his agent.

If that is news, I have a piece of toast with a picture on it for them....

If it was criminal they would have paid and gone on to make millions. I think it was most likely contrived or something just embarrasing and not provable but something you dont want to refute even if you are innocent. Why call the feds if your guilty?

My guess is that its something along the lines of receiving compensation as an NCAA athlete, similar to Reggie Bush (but maybe not on that scale?). I think every NCAA football player does it to a certain extent, and most do not get caught. This guy probably figured Griff would not want to hurt Baylor or lose his Hesiman, which is why he tried to extort him. He likely has some pretty weak evidence, which is why they're just ignoring it for the most part.

Just my 2 cents.

Don't start rumors

We don't know what it is. It is very harmful to speculate. Who knows it could be photoshopped pictures. We need to drop it for now. Respond if something definitive shows up.

If it was criminal they would have paid and gone on to make millions. I think it was most likely contrived or something just embarrasing and not provable but something you dont want to refute even if you are innocent. Why call the feds if your guilty?

Going to the Feds was the right move obviously, but that doesn't mean he is innocent.

He's following David Letterman's lead, who also went to the Feds. Then news surfaced that he was sleeping with a lot of interns while married.

Hopefully it isn't a big deal, and it stays private.

Going to the Feds was the right move obviously, but that doesn't mean he is innocent.

He's following David Letterman's lead, who also went to the Feds. Then news surfaced that he was sleeping with a lot of interns while married.

Hopefully it isn't a big deal, and it stays private.

I am not assuming he is innocent, but I am not also assuming he is guilty of anything either. Speculation only harms it is never productive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.