• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 a Redskin? Cowboy Fans Don't Like It :)

Welcome aboard Krieg! Great perspective! Soon we may have you singing HTTR!

Welcome aboard Krieg.

I'm hoping that RG3 coming to our team (he says with fingers crossed) will be step 1, of a 12 step program for you, to take you away from the dark side of the NFL force.

Welcome aboard Krieg! Great perspective! Soon we may have you singing HTTR!

Haha, I don't know that I'll go THAT far. Thanks for the comments guys, hope RG3 does as well for you as he did for us. Well, I'd rather him somehow end up in Indy but I don't see that happening :beam:

Honestly, I'm just glad to see a fan-base that seems to think as highly of RG3 as we do. He'll be the best leader in the locker room you could ever ask for. The moment I knew he'd put our football program back on the map was his interview after we were blown out by a (barely) ranked Wake Forest team in his first ever game for us (that he didn't even start). For the fans it was just another blowout loss to a team we knew we should've been more competitive with and we'd largely moved on...but the Griffin spoke.

He said he'd never been more embarrassed athletically in his life and that he didn't come to Baylor to lose, he came to Baylor to win. That's when I knew he was different. The entire attitude of our team changed immediately, 2 games later he broke the single-game rushing record against Washington State, and the rest is history.

Welcome aboard, Krieg. Strong first post.

I'm a Virginia Tech alum, graduating way back in '83. In my time at Tech our program was largely an afterthought. No conference affiliation, little accomplishment. Zero buzz or name recognition. "Virginia Tech? I thought it was VPI or something."

We had a great time at games, but that was all too often despite the team ... I remember all too well sitting through a 6-0 loss home loss to VMI in 1981. Sigh.

When Michael Vick came along, everything changed. He was pretty silent back then, and we had no inkling about his future, um, issues, that would make his image something very different down the road. Mike did nothing short of put VT on the national map, not just athletically, but as you note, in every possible broader sense an academic instiution can be.

The pre- and post-Vick eras at VT could not contrast more starkly.

I can understand the loyalty to RG3 from Baylor fans. I wonder what my reaction would have been to seeing Vick go to the Cowboys ... there would have been no change in my team allegiance---I'm Redskins through and through. But I absolutely would have tuned in and wathced Cowboys games differently. Much as I still tune in, with mixed feelings, to Eagles games today, even WITH all the unhappy associations surrounding Vick's name now.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know your sentiments are, if not as keenly felt as they clearly are for you, at least understood.

Hail.

Glad someone does understand it! By the way, I know Will Furrer quite well. Great guy and helped VT along the way to relevance. He owns a marketing company just north of Austin now.

Agree with the consensus, very strong first post! Welcome, Krieg!

I personally don't have a strong allegiance to any college football teams, but I can understand where you're coming from. I have a lot of friends who root for the Saints half-heartedly, but put their life & soul into LSU.

Someone get Smoak over here! :)

Great to have you aboard Krieg. Om mentioned VT and their difficulties over the years. University of Virginia is my alma mater (class of '81) and we have had our shares of ups and downs as well, so I can identify with the things you are saying.

No need to elaborate any further other than to say that RG3 will continue to pay dividends for Baylor well into the future. Other progams there are thriving as well and it will be interesting to see if this is a trend or a phase - thinking it is the former.

All I know is the Dallas office of my company whose managers I am in contact with on a regular basis almost to a person agree that Tony Romo is not the qb to bring their team success.

They are waiting for Jones to finally wake up and dump Romo and find a true franchise quarterback.

These guys are afraid now that the Redskins will have such a player.

All I know is the Dallas office of my company whose managers I am in contact with on a regular basis almost to a person agree that Tony Romo is not the qb to bring their team success.

They are waiting for Jones to finally wake up and dump Romo and find a true franchise quarterback.

These guys are afraid now that the Redskins will have such a player.

I, too, am waiting for Jerry and Co. to "wake up" - but him waking up doesn't involve getting rid of Romo. Romo is fully capable of taking the Cowboys to the back to the promised land. Personally, I don't think the coaching staff is right nor is Jerry's ability to draft and sign quality role players.

I think if Romo had had the right coach early on, he might have been a special QB. I don't think anyone can explain how a guy with so much talent just hasn't gotten it done. There's something mental going on there, some seed of doubt in his head, that just seems to undermine him at the worst possible times.

Romo's talented enough to 'be the guy' - but until he really shows he has what it takes, I won't believe he can take the Cowboys on his back and lead them to significant wins in the post-season. His window is closing, and the NFC East is rising again.

Going to be exciting to watch this division over the next several years :)

This is going to pain me to say but when Parcells was there he did well. I remember Bill keeping his ego in check and that jerk performing well.

Now, he's got who? And it shows.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

You talking about Romo's ego?

Now see - I think it's the exact opposite. I don't think Romo's got a strong enough ego. He doesn't seem to have the force of personality to take control of that team - it's always seemed that way to me. I've never seen him as egotistical.

You talking about Romo's ego?

Now see - I think it's the exact opposite. I don't think Romo's got a strong enough ego. He doesn't seem to have the force of personality to take control of that team - it's always seemed that way to me. I've never seen him as egotistical.

I'd agree but I think he's got an accountability issue. He's clearly one of these types who can rationalize to himself that he did everything he could but that someone else blew it. He might not put this to voice in an overt manner but it's the vibe I've gotten off of him for years.

Agree with this - he's kind of a soft-spoken, almost sheepish kind of guy. Doesn't command respect though, the way a Mike Vick does. Reminds me a lot of Jason Campbell, who was similar. If Campbell had OWNED this team, and acted like it, he may have had more success.

There is definitely an intangible "it" factor that a QB either has or doesn't have. Drew Brees has it. Peyton Manning has it. Tom Brady has it. Romo doesn't seem to have it.

Two results I'm hoping for the Cowboys:
1) 12 wins or better and a Super Bowl appearance.
2) 5 wins or less, Garrett getting fired, Sean Peyton hired (he already moved to Dallas b/c he didn't want to raise his family in N.O. and he and Jerry are close buds).

Here's to 7 Dallas wins and the status quo. :cheers:

Sorry man. It's a Redskins thing.

Here's to 7 Dallas wins and the status quo. :cheers:

Sorry man. It's a Redskins thing.

I'm fine with 8 wins, myself. As long as the bulk of them come early, which then leads to the annual December rite of falling spectacularly from playoff contenders to pretenders.

Hey, maybe Gregg Williams will be ready for reinstatement in 2013 and can join Sean in Dallas :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The thing about Romo, he was 5th in TDs, 3rd in completion %, 4th in rating, and 7th in yards (while missing some time with an injury) last year. He definitely puts up elite stats (which is why he's on my fantasy team).

The problem the Cowboys have is a complete lack of leadership. That starts with Jones and goes all the way down to Romo and the defense. The defense folded regularly last season, which was definitely not due to a lack of talent. Romo could help fix the problem, but I don't think he is the problem.

The thing about Romo, he was 5th in TDs, 3rd in completion %, 4th in rating, and 7th in yards (while missing some time with an injury) last year. He definitely puts up elite stats (which is why he's on my fantasy team).

The problem the Cowboys have is a complete lack of leadership. That starts with Jones and goes all the way down to Romo and the defense. The defense folded regularly last season, which was definitely not due to a lack of talent. Romo could help fix the problem, but I don't think he is the problem.

Yeah - I think that's dead-on accurate. I was worried when Jason Garrett got the HC nod, because he's always seemed to me to be a legimate leader. So far that hasn't seemed to have had an immediate impact, but I'm still wary that he will get Dallas back on track eventually. Just the feeling I have.

Boone, I think Garrett would get the Cowboys back on track eventually too if he had a real GM to work with but as long as Jerry remains determined to pick the talent for his coaches I'm not sure anyone can succeed.

Well it should be extremely interesting to see the whole "Dallas vs Baylor fanhood" dynamic working this season, I for one am more than happy to see the influx of Bears fans here. It can only lead to even more vibrant conversation, and it will just be fun. Welcome to neighborhood, this is the first and best place to interact with the core of Skins fandom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.