• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins vs Titans Discussion Thread!

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Had to work late last night so only caught occasional snippets of the preseason opener. So I come on this morning looking for some classic morning-after react and analysis (Cousins Rocks! Oh **** We Can't Stop the Run! Championship!!) and ... nada?

Help a brudda out, BGO. What will I see/not see when I watch the game tonight?

I'm happy Fred Davis' idiocy didn't escape the coaching staff like it did the top-knotch tv announcers we had.

Maybe I'm just a crumudgeon but I have absolutely no tolerance for that kind of dumbassery.

I was quite impressed with Ammerson. Minnifield wasn't bad either.

Rambo better wake up and realize he's going to cost the team if he goes after people with late hits in a regular season game. I imagine he's the starting safety at this point, the quicker he figures that out the better.

I liked seeing Orakpo and Kerrigan on the field together.

Hankerson looked solid but for some reason he just seems slow. Whenever he gets the ball I feel like he should have been 5-10 yards further down field when he got it. Can't really explain it.

Robinson dropped a pass you can't have dropped.

Davis look good, but proved he still has the intelligence of a tree stump.

Cousins looked great. It's just preseason but he did everything you could expect from a starting qb in preseason.

Grossman is terrible. Just terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
first preseason game after no real training camp contact.

I have no complaints at all. meaningless game.

- secondary has real potential. much better than last year already

- long run was Rak's fault

- maybe too many penalties. usual dumb stuff we grew accustomed to in the past. but, first preseason game, don't really care.

- running backs look good. they're gonna have problems picking who to keep.

- o-line depth still seems suspect.

- hopefully, Thomas just nicked up.

- better tackling needed.

Watching the highlights now (full game reairs Sunday) - Orakpo clearly used a rip move on his sack! A NEW MOVE! He will be lethal if he's added to his repertoire. Watch out, NFL...now we just need those pecs to stay in one piece.

- long run was Rak's fault

I have to disagree - he was the backside backer on the play for sure, but the entire defense bit on the counter, leaving Rak one-on-one in space with Chris Johnson. 99 times out of 100 speedy Chris Johnson is going to win that battle against any OLB. I think #41 & #29 also share blame on that run - #29 got spun around like a top (is that Amerson, or Pugh?) and 41 (Thomas I believe) got pancaked after biting hard on the counter.

EDIT: 29 had CJ2000 lined up for the open field tackle, and got juked out of his boots. That's what the safety is there for, the last line of defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to disagree - he was the backside backer on the play for sure, but the entire defense bit on the counter, leaving Rak one-on-one in space with Chris Johnson. 99 times out of 100 speedy Chris Johnson is going to win that battle against any OLB. I think #41 & #29 also share blame on that run - #29 got spun around like a top (is that Amerson, or Pugh?) and 41 (Thomas I believe) got pancaked after biting hard on the counter.

passing what I heard game analysts say - and its what Rak told his teammates on the sideline right after the play! got to see tape to verify what his responsibility was on the play.

passing what I heard game analysts say - and its what Rak told his teammates on the sideline right after the play! got to see tape to verify what his responsibility was on the play.

Well I can't argue with Rak himself, but in my opinion there wasn't much he could do. He did go a little deep, instead of staying on the LOS and containing.

EDIT: yeah, okay - he went too far past the LOS, leaving a big hole for CJ. If he'd stayed put, it would have forced Chris outside, and #29 would have (theoretically) been there to help with the tackle. I'll acquiesce and pin that one on Brian. :)

Hankerson looked solid but for some reason he just seems low. Whenever he gets the ball I feel like he should have been 5-10 yards further down field when he got it. Can't really explain it.

I haven't seen the play, but it seems like he jumped over defenders for the TD - which seems like he fought for the extra yard to me. I know you said its hard to explain, but I guess that doesn't jive with your analysis, which makes me curious. Again, I'm honestly asking, not being snarky. :)

Orakpo admitted that run was his fault. He focused on pass rushing too much then got out of his lane, causing someone else (I forget who, but he mentioned his name) to get picked up by the tight end, and leaving rambo out to dry in open field.

So you can disagree all you want, but Orakpo himself was pretty detailed in taking the blame for it ;)

Oh, and shocker, Orakpo was too focused on the pass rush and let a big run go right past him. Hopefully this isn't a continuation of the 'run at orakpo' theme. (I know, first preseason game...)

Odd how much White looks like Griffin when he's moving around, and it seemed to me that we put in some of the pistol stuff when he came in. His throwing doesn't look like Griffin tho. I'd like to see more of his passing game, but I think he has the potential to be effective running this offense.

And again, I'm amazed at how open our receivers can get in this offense. Not necessarily open for the casual fan, but certainly in NFL terms. It seems that on every pass play there is an open receiver available to the QB if he can get through his progressions.

Orakpo admitted that run was his fault. He focused on pass rushing too much then got out of his lane, causing someone else (I forget who, but he mentioned his name) to get picked up by the tight end, and leaving rambo out to dry in open field.

So you can disagree all you want, but Orakpo himself was pretty detailed in taking the blame for it ;)

Oh, and shocker, Orakpo was too focused on the pass rush and let a big run go right past him. Hopefully this isn't a continuation of the 'run at orakpo' theme. (I know, first preseason game...)

I already said I was wrong, and pinned it on Rak. I do think it should have been a 15-20 yard gain instead of a 58-yard TD, but that's a whole other discussion. The only reason he broke out like that was because Rak didn't contain.

I haven't seen the play, but it seems like he jumped over defenders for the TD - which seems like he fought for the extra yard to me. I know you said its hard to explain, but I guess that doesn't jive with your analysis, which makes me curious. Again, I'm honestly asking, not being snarky. :)

I did a bad job explaining it. Hankerson looked fine on the TD, he turned a screen into a good play (the down field blocking looked good too.)

I'm talking about his slants and underneath routes. He just seems like he's running with an anchor attached to his hip. He also just might be one of those guys with good speed, but bad acceleration, so those quick hitches/slants make him look like a slow, lumbering guy.

I didn't get to see white. I quit watching 1/2 through the 3rd because I couldn't stand grossman any longer :(

The more I think about it the more I really liked Amerson last night.

Amerson and Rambo have potential to go either way. All of their bad plays could easily be rookie mistakes. We have to hope they don't have the "Dumb".

Gomes, we hardly knew you.

Watching the highlights now (full game reairs Sunday) - Orakpo clearly used a rip move on his sack! A NEW MOVE! He will be lethal if he's added to his repertoire. Watch out, NFL...now we just need those pecs to stay in one piece.

HOW IS THIS NOT A BIGGER DEAL????

Most people's biggest criticism of 'Rak was the lack of additional pass-rush moves. This old dog has a new trick!!!

Sounds like the guys had a decent showing with rust to knock off.

How did the o-line look when capt Kirk dropped back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.