• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins v. Ravens Wishlist

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
1.) I really want to see the Ravens come in here and put a little bit of a whoopin' on us this week.

Before I start getting called a traitor and bashed for such a proclamation, think about it.

We have had 2 very successful pre-season games against a Steelers defense that was not adequately prepared and a Colts defense that really isn't too good.

Our defense looked pretty good in both games as well against a Manning-less Colts and a Steelers team that looked disinterested in the 1st pre-season game of the year.

I think a hard fought loss against a solid Ravens team will wake everybody up from this bubble that is being built. I would prefer to see the bubble burst now so we have some time to adjust in the 4th pre-season game to prepare for the Giants in week 1.

What would you guys like to see in the upcoming game?

Last edited:
not me!

1) bottle up their running game...that would speak volumes

2) throw some deep passes & keep moving the ball up & down the fiels...that would speak volumes

3) start working in Laron and Otogwe...it's getting close to opening game!

not me!

2) throw some deep passes & keep moving the ball up & down the fiels...that would speak volumes

I think that if we win convincingly, then that could be indicative of a positive team. It's not that I want us to get cocky or that I think that we're world-beaters, but I do think that if we win, then, well, we win.

Remember: The third preseason game is where the starters play. I want us to kick their asses, honestly. It's the best barometer of where our starters are.

Plus I can't stand losing to the Ravens. I effing hate their fans. I want to avenge our AFC counterparts.

El, I hear you. I guess I would say I want one of two things, your way of FS/NC's way. What I don't want is average. If we play average against one of the better defenses in the league, I think that will serve to keep inflating that bubble you're talking about. If, however, we play well enough to soundly beat them, then we may very well have something to get excited about.

not me!

The Ravens run game was basically average last season so unless they start perforating our defense with regularity for 6-8 yards a pop I'm not giving that a lot of weight. Their run D, however was stellar allowing an average of only 3.9 yards per carry, less than 94 rushing yards/game and 5 rushing TDs-tied with the Steelers for fewest rushing TDs allowed in the regular season. I'm interested in how our run game fares here.

Deep passes will be a surprise to me if they occur on more than 1 out of every 12 to 15 pass plays from our side at least. KS may have a surprise in store but neither Beck nor Grossman have a huge history of throwing bombs.

Laron and Otogwe are two I would love to see in this game-especially Otogwe.

First and foremost = 0 injuries

Whether Beck starts or not, I want to see more than 1 throw past the 20 yard marker. He has to show he can apply pressure downfield, or is at least be a threat to do so.

I want to see us be able to apply some pressure with our pass rush. And protect the QB on offense.

I also want to see what Otogwe can do.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if we lose this one. Still, play pretty well, but struggle. I want to keep building confidence, but things have been a little too easy. This team has been known to get an undeservedly big head. A little reality might be important just to keep them grounded for the upcoming season.

I don't want them getting anhilated, but I wouldn't mind if completions became harder to come by and the running game slowed down a bit. Same for our D. It might be good for them to have some of those near misses get completed just to keep them sharper.

The Ravens do a masterful job of mixing the run and pass and Rice is more often than not a first down waiting to happen, whether it's by the run or the screen. Containment there is what I'll be looking at.

I can't remember the last time we played the Ravens where we DIDN'T turn the ball over. Their defense lives on it and we too often play into their hands. I want to see how well our O-Line holds up and protects whoever starts at QB.

And lastly, as Boone already mentioned, ZERO injuries.

I think this one has a better than 10% chance of being ugly. I hope I am wrong and we look good out there. I don't care what the final score but I hope it is respectable at halftime.

Very simply put, I'm paying attention mostly to the offensive line's play vs. Baltimore. Against aggressive defenses in recent seasons, we've more often than not been manhandled at the line of scrimmage. I want to see the offensive line give our quarterback a chance to make plays and help put us in manageable 2nd and 3rd down situations.

why have a wishlist for something that doesnt matter? ;)

Mike, because its starters vs. starters, even though it really doesn't matter since it the preseason but it's the chance to see how we look against a team that might actually be..y'know trying to...like...win the game, y'know...even though it is just preaseason and reeallly doen't count for anything and...well...doesn't matter...even though it actually kinda sorta does what with our first-stringers versus their first-stringers and we're actually gonna try and...like...beat them, y'know...even though it only preseason and...well...reeeaaalllly doesn't matter...even though it kinda does...sort of...y'know...

Got it?

You know what would be nice?

Not to have to go tramping after guys the Ravens are willing to let go like Beck, Josh Wilson and Chris Chester.

There's nothing wrong with these players but if we had been doing a better job of drafting in recent years we could have had our own guys developed for these spots instead of taking the hand me downs.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I understand (and mostly agree with) your point, however you used bad examples - the Ravens signed Josh Wilson & John Beck as free agents. :)

Gonna expand on this in a blog post (he says confidently) tomorrow morning, but ...

I want to see us match up physically with Balitmore on the line of scrimmage. Both sides of the ball. Screw the skill players numbers this week. Screw the score. Show me our big people can stand in and at least hold their own against the kind of team that routinely overpowers us inside.

We did against PITT. The DL did it against Indy, but the OL backslid against the pass.

Look the Ravens in the eye tomorrow night and give as good as you get inside. We do that and I may even catch myself smiling a quick "dude, we might almost be back" smile.

I want to see some deep passes - even just a bunch of attempts.

When did I ever talk about HOW the Ravens acquired the players I was highlighting here?

The point of my post was that the REDSKINS over time had failed to draft this level of mid-tier performer so that we were left to sort through the players the Ravens chose not to commit to in re multi-year deals.

I agree with Om 100%.

I want to see if our lines can hold up against the Ravens who have physically dominated us in previous years. Specifically, i want to see Trent Williams have a good game.

I would also like to see Moss, Armstrong and Gaffney sit this one out and see what our other Wr's can do. We are going to have some tuff choices to make at this position.

Something crazy that has no chance of happening is, i would like to see Niles Paul get time at Saftey. He has the perfect body for the position and could help his chances of making the team and possibly be an upgrade of what we got as a back-up at the position.

The funny thing is at wide receiver the camp reports seem to indicate Donte Stallworth has been one of if not our best receiver this summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.