• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign T Cornelius Lucas

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 27, 2020

REDSKINS SIGN T CORNELIUS LUCAS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed tackle Cornelius Lucas. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Lucas (6-8, 327) is entering his seventh NFL season after originally being signed as an undrafted free agent by the Detroit Lions in 2014. He has appeared in 53 regular season games with 16 starts. Lucas has started in both of the postseason contests that he has appeared in during his career.

In 2019, Lucas appeared in 16 games with eight starts at tackle for the Chicago Bears. He allowed only one sack, per STATS LLC.

Lucas played collegiately at Kansas State where he appeared in 50 career games. He was a First Team All-Big 12 selection in 2012.

Lucas, 28, attended Edna Karr H.S. in New Orleans, La. He was born July 18, 1991.

-REDSKINS-

This is literally the 6th or 7th player we’ve picked up that was part of the NFL class of 2014. Another player under 30 added.

He is a right tackle btw.

Does this mean Morgan Moses can take his radio diarrhea to another city?

Keep Moses. We need depth.

Reactions: Om
Moses shouldn't feel threatened by him, unless Moses hits a sharp decline, or this guy suddenly blossoms.
He's a journeyman, and likely just depth.
Among other things, salary also is a good indicator of the expectations. At about 5 Million a year, I would not expect a whole lot from a RT

Reactions: Om
Moses is a big, talented RT. But he needs to refocus on his job and get his selfish head out of his ass. Rivera and Del Rio may be helpful in this regard :)

Just keep thinking... if Callahan couldn’t get Moses’ head out of his ass, who could? He’s a walking penalty who uses the radio to air his grievances.

I don't really think he is as talented as he is just big. His footwork is pretty bad, he is always injured, and his penalties are just out the roof.

He can't get on much more of a decline than he did last year. This could be a "watch your back" type of move, or maybe they really want to just replace him.

Most penalized players in NFL in 2019
Moses had 9.
The "leader" had 15.
14 players had more penalties than him
20 players had either the same, or more.
Scherff only had 1 less than Moses.

Just keep thinking... if Callahan couldn’t get Moses’ head out of his ass, who could? He’s a walking penalty who uses the radio to air his grievances.
I'm not a huge Callahan fan as most of you all are. He's a solid, not great OL coach in my book. Rivera and Del Rio will have this defense humming in the next couple years.

Reactions: Ax
I hope you are right. I hope we don't get rid of Moses, but keep him for depth or this guy for depth. We need someone to fill in for Moses every time he limps off the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.