• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign Safety Jordan Pugh

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
October 23, 2013

REDSKINS SIGN S JORDAN PUGH

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent safety Jordan Pugh. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Pugh (5-11, 210) returns to the Redskins after appearing in 16 regular season games and one postseason game with Washington across the 2012-13 seasons before being released on Oct. 15. He was originally drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft (202nd overall) out of Texas A&M. He was released by the Panthers on August 31, 2012 and signed by the Redskins for the first time on Sept. 10, 2012.

Pugh, 25, played collegiately at Texas A&M, where he appeared in 50 games with 37 starts. He finished his collegiate career with 221 tackles, one sack, one forced fumble, four fumble recoveries, four interceptions, and 19 passes defensed.

He attended Plano West H.S. in Plano, Texas., where he was ranked as the nation’s No. 13 cornerback prospect by Scout.com. Pugh was born on Jan. 28, 1988.

What the...didn't they just release this guy? I guess the Meriweather suspension prompted this.

I'm wondering when they're going to bring up Williams.

Against Manning we need DBs not kick returners.

Rambo, Pugh and a post-concussion Doughty against an offense averaging 39 points a game and 366 through the air.

I think I am going to watch this one with my eyes closed.

Against Manning we need DBs not kick returners.

Rambo, Pugh and a post-concussion Doughty against an offense averaging 39 points a game and 366 through the air.

I think I am going to watch this one with my eyes closed.

LOL, you refuted your own point. Pugh is not going to make a difference - we need points. Points are produced by field position, which Williams can help with.

Colts DBs were very physical in that game. They also covered one on one which allowed Mathis to get singled up with a blitzing LB.

Colts DBs were very physical in that game. They also covered one on one which allowed Mathis to get singled up with a blitzing LB.

Exactly what I said in the other thread - we need to man up and play press coverage against their WRs, beat them up a little bit. Peyton will eat the zone for dinner, and then crap it out all over our endzone with another 7TD performance like in week 1.

Interesting. Pretty much agree with everyone here that we are going to need man coverage against Peyton. I'm going to throw a fit (and DEFINITELY tromp out of the BGO chat room!) if we use the same soft zone crap against Peyton's arsenal of WRs.

Respectfully disagree. Reasons is twofold. Peyton will burn us anyway, we need to bring the house and disguise the blitz, put constant pressure on. He did not practice Wed due to the bad ankle and he won't be able to avoid the rush by escaping the pocket (and he's not known to be a runner of any worry anyways).

There is no hope with coverage schemes, must get pressure and sacks. Big day for 91 and 98. That will be the story if we win, not that we somehow defied the stats and we learn how to cover overnight. They have too many weapons so we must stop the #1 weapon, the QB.

I'd much rather bring in Pugh, then try to scab it together and get someone up to speed when were going into Denver. I also wonder if this isn't another chance for Pugh, in the event that we're considering cutting ties with Meriweather.. Honestly the guy cant stay on the field and he's starting to be a liability back there.. Giving up big plays, or personal fouls... the result is still the same... extended drives and yardage gained.

As far as the gameplan against Manning goes... it's going to be interesting. We honestly have done a good job containing Qbs in the last 2 games, when we've game planned for them... McCown being the X-factor last week. Manning is going to change his plays on they fly, so clean releases are not going to be an option. We let their receivers determine the routes, and were going to get into a shootout. We need to be physical w/ the receivers at the line, IN ADDITION to getting pressure. It's not going to be an either/or scenario. They BOTH need to happen for us to keep this one from being crazy. We showed last week that we can score points, but I don't think it's going to be as easy to run the "turbo" style offense at Mile High.

Last edited:
I also wonder if this isn't another chance for Pugh, in the event that we're considering cutting ties with Meriweather..

No I think Pugh is just depth in case an injury happens Sunday.
Don't forget we also have Gumbs and Robinson at Safety
I think Gumbs has a better chance of sticking around than Pugh.

Catch that ? "Gums" will "stick around" ?

No I think Pugh is just depth in case an injury happens Sunday.
Don't forget we also have Gumbs and Robinson at Safety
I think Gumbs has a better chance of sticking around than Pugh.

Catch that ? "Gums" will "stick around" ?

yeah, but another 'option' cant hurt... Pugh might come out and ball, now that he see's this could be his last chance at playin in the league...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.