• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign Ryan Grant

Helu was the only back with breakaway speed but as we have seen he is brittle.

Grant may not be what he was 3-4 years ago but I would think he can still get on an NFL field and not embarrass himself.

Morris is a runner. So what?

Turner in Atlanta is strictly a between the tackles back, the Falcons throw to the TEs and WRs.

They seem productive enough on offense.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

So Royster would step in and be a 1,300 yard back if he was healthy?

Really?

Those two throw away games at the end of last season really have you teased with his abilities?

Wonder why Shanahan drafted Morris and kept Hightower qround to see if he could get healthy for the season?

Doesn't sound as if Mike was sold on Evan being more than a part of the backfield equation.

OK. So there is a chance even with Royster healthy that a third back could get some carries and passes out of the backfield.

OK. So there is a chance even with Royster healthy that a third back could get some carries and passes out of the backfield.

Right, but you said he would start over Royster if Morris went down, which I don't think is correct.

Not so. If Morris goes down you are going to see Grant out there for both carries but also for his receiving skills. Royster is not a good pass receiver and only so-so as a pass protector.

Folks - there's a reason Morris is starting and all those that think Royster is a 1,300 yard back ready to crash the NFL, think again.

Grant's not being brought in to be a starter over Morris. That's what I meant by he's here for depth.

Obviously if Morris goes down Grant may get a shot. But in that case God help us all.

Hightower must still not be right.

Damn shame too.
I was thinking the same thing. Hightower already knows the system so why else would you bring in Grant?

Shanahan has already addressed and confirmed that, in the most recent "Quotes" thread.

The injury curse has hit us especially hard, and especially early this season, and especially with our Backs.....

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=54944

On if the Redskins contacted former running back Tim Hightower:
“We did talk to Tim but my understanding was that Tim was going to go in for a [knee] scope. He re-injured it in his rehab and it was a little sore but he was the first guy we talked to but obviously that wasn’t going to work out.”

It's funny how people were so upbeat about the 32/33 year old Santana Moss coming back and making a difference and even starting here and yet the 29 year old Grant is viewed as a guy that can't even walk anymore :laugh:

Perhaps people overestimated what Moss brings to the table and underestimates what Grant can do.

I don't see Grant as a 25 carry back here, but he can definitely help as a pass receiver out of the backfield (which neither Morris nor Royster is) and is good in pass protection for Griffin.

If he can be a third down option and keep Griffin clean from the free blitzer then he is well worth having on the roster.

It's funny how people were so upbeat about the 32/33 year old Santana Moss coming back and making a difference and even starting here and yet the 29 year old Grant is viewed as a guy that can't even walk anymore :laugh:

Nothing funny about it. It is a fact in this league that running backs take more punishment and their careers are shorter. 30 is old for a RB but not for a WR.

Its old for Moss. His production outside of the one 3 yard pass at the goal line has been negligible in 2012.

Yes, Grant is 'old' in that his career is winding down but he could help us in a limited role for the minimum.

per Larry Michael on espn980 - Coaches said it's not entirely set in stone whether Grant will even be active.

This could, as always, be coach speak. Shanahan is notorious for thinking every little detail about the upcoming game means competitive advantage. So who knows....

per Larry Michael on espn980 - Coaches said it's not entirely set in stone whether Grant will even be active.

This could, as always, be coach speak. Shanahan is notorious for thinking every little detail about the upcoming game means competitive advantage. So who knows....

If Grant is not active, then who backs up Morris ? Only a banged up Royster ?

If Grant is not active, then who backs up Morris ? Only a banged up Royster ?

no idea. young?

i'm just repeating what was said on the air. the questions were in regards to his football shape and familiarity with the scheme. i'm not sure how quickly a guy can learn a play book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.