• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign LB Quan Sturdivant

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
August 15, 2013
For Immediate Release

REDSKINS SIGN LB QUAN STURDIVANT

RICHMOND, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent linebacker Quan Sturdivant. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Yesterday, the team released wide receiver Devery Henderson.

Sturdivant (6-1, 241) was originally drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the sixth round (171st overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. He spent the 2011 season on the Cardinals’ practice squad and signed to a Reserve/Futures contract with the team on Jan. 3, 2012. He was released by the Cardinals on Aug. 31, 2012, before signing to the Kansas City Chiefs’ practice squad on Nov. 29, 2012.

Sturdivant played collegiately at North Carolina, where he started 38 of the 46 games in which he appeared for the Tar Heels from 2007-10. During his collegiate career, he was credited with 309 career tackles (192 solos), 27.5 tackles for a loss, seven sacks, two fumbles forced and three fumbles recovered.

Sturdivant, 24, attended West Stanly H.S. in Oakboro, N.C., where he played quarterback and strong safety and earned Rocky River Conference Offensive Player of the Year honors as a senior. He was born on Dec. 5, 1988.

I wonder if he has any dance moves.

tumblr_lsq7i8cvXk1qbsptso1_500.gif

I wonder if this means the team is not pleased with the younger backups now that Robinson is hurt and out for the year?

Hopefully this brings some healthy competition to drive these guys to play hard for their jobs.

It's not effort, I just don't think Kehl and guys like Muckleroy have the talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.