• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign LB Adam Hayward

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 12, 2014

REDSKINS SIGN LB ADAM HAYWARD

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent linebacker Adam Hayward. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Hayward (6-1, 240) was originally selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the sixth round (182nd overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft. He spent his first seven NFL seasons with Tampa Bay, appearing in 107 regular season games with 13 starts and compiling 99 tackles (75 solo), five passes defensed, two fumble recoveries and one sack.

A special teams standout who served as the Buccaneers’ special teams captain for each of the last three seasons, Hayward was credited by the Buccaneers’ coaching staff with a team-high 11 special teams tackles last season. Hayward played in all 16 games for Tampa Bay for each of the last four seasons and contributed 12 starts in that time frame, including starts in Weeks 12 and 17 last season.

Hayward played collegiately at Portland State from 2005-06 after spending time at Colorado State from 2002-04. He played in 22 games with 11 starts for Portland State, earning All-American and unanimous All-Big Sky Conference honors for his performance at linebacker.

Hayward, 29, attended Marina High School in Westminster, Calif., where he earned all-region honors from PrepStar and was a two-time all-league choice. He was born on June 23, 1984.

Believe me, I'm barely checking in .... Today alone - Mayan ruins, snorkeling, zip lining, canoeing, jumping off cliffs into cenote...and aging with monkeys... Awesome day!

After watching Hayward's interview with Larry Michael on the .com, I'm officially on the Mancrush Train for the guy.

How the hell can you not root for him?

He will be an impact guy. Even if it's just on teams.

I'm thinking he will be very good role player on the D, as well.

We've been missing that spark on ST ever since Scarface left (**** you, Mara). Hopefully this will be part of getting that swagger back.

Nick

Is Hayward going to replace Fletch in a 3-4 D, or is Haslett going to revert back to 4-3?

I ask only because we are now looking at two former Brokebacks in Jason Hatcher (DT) and Anthony Spencer (DE/LB).

Scarface?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Lorenzo Alexander... :biggrin-new:

I remember he got that nickname for a few weeks after that one preseason game (can't remember who we were playing, but it was during Gibbs 2.0) when he lost his helmet, still made a huge hit & tackle and cut his face open. Had to get stiches during the game.

Nick

Is Hayward going to replace Fletch in a 3-4 D, or is Haslett going to revert back to 4-3?

I ask only because we are now looking at two former Brokebacks in Jason Hatcher (DT) and Anthony Spencer (DE/LB).
I think it's going to be a rotation in London's spot. Hopefully someone will emerge.

And we already line up quite a bit in a 4-3. though the ends don't usually have their hand in the dirt.

I'd rather not see any of the Crackboys come here. We'll do an exorcism if we have to. But I'd rather avoid it myself.

Guys, I don't think Hayward is going to play much defense. He's strictly a teams guy. If he surprises, that's great, but I wouldn't expect to see much of him except on coverage units.

Guys, I don't think Hayward is going to play much defense. He's strictly a teams guy. If he surprises, that's great, but I wouldn't expect to see much of him except on coverage units.

It would be nice if he was a serviceable guy that can spell other LB's.

It seems to me that the successful 3-4 teams have enough depth to rotate guys out and give guys breathers. Especially on long drives or games where you have issues getting off the field on 3rd down.

If he can fill that role + special teams, I'd be thrilled.

It would be nice if he was a serviceable guy that can spell other LB's.

It seems to me that the successful 3-4 teams have enough depth to rotate guys out and give guys breathers. Especially on long drives or games where you have issues getting off the field on 3rd down.

If he can fill that role + special teams, I'd be thrilled.

I'm sure he'll play some, like Kehl did. But I just don't expect much out of him when he does/if he does.

I'm sure he'll play some, like Kehl did. But I just don't expect much out of him when he does/if he does.

I don't recall Kehl playing all that much (at least not when the games mattered... maybe he played garbage time at the end) so that would be disappointing. I feel like you need a good 6 LB's to cycle around in a 3-4 if you want to be successful.

Though I'm kind of talking out of my ass so what do i know.

While they don the uniform, I don't care where they come from. All I want is for them to help my team win.
Cinderella stories happen all the time.

If all Hayward does is be the stud teamer he has been, he will be an immediate impact player for us.
If, like t says, he can spell a guy ever now and then, and make plays along the way, then he's a steal.
If the Gods smile upon him, and he becomes a solid starter, well then, it's a Powerball win in free agency.

And Lanky is right. We can't expect the latter. But we damn well can wish for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.