• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign Four College Free Agents

Big arm, pocket awareness and mobility, sees the field ... in a 6'4", 235 lb body. Uncelebrated, undrafted.

We live in interesting times.

Big arm, pocket awareness and mobility, sees the field ... in a 6'4", 235 lb body. Uncelebrated, undrafted.

We live in interesting times.
Our Tom Brady? Would that make Haskins or Allen the next Drew Bledsoe?

Lots to unpack there, brother.

Until they do, the Skins never get that kind of lucky.

He'll probably never get a chance to show he COULD be. Not with three big names ahead of him.

If he ever did, he'd probably be abducted by aliens at the first Super Bowl after-party never be heard from again.

He no doubt has halitosis.

Because, Redskins.

He had decent stats but didn’t really get better over 3.5 years. The beef on him and the reason he didn’t get drafted is that he can’t read a defense and adjust quickly (according to every profile I read). That’s unlikely to improve at the NFL level but you never know.

Makes sense. There are always guys out there who look great in playground football situations where the schemed play breaks down, like in that vid, who can't also consistently execute the rapid-fire mental gymnastics required of QB's in the NFL.

For what it's worth, my initial comment was mostly just the observation that a guy with that kind of size, and that kind of arm and athletic ability, can be just another undrafted college player.

Maybe that kind of guy has always been out there, we simply didn't used to know about them because there was no youtube getting his highlights out there.

He looked damn good in the highlight reel and scouting reports aren’t always correct. He never had more than 5 wins and there seemed to be questions about his leadership ability with teammates. I was watching the highlights thinking ‘does this guy ever have a clean pocket to throw from?’ So that could be a factor too. Certainly has some talent.

Reactions: Om
What are the Redskins looking for in a UDFA?

Physical size and skills.

These signings are the ultimate crapshoot but unlike Bruce and Jay we are actually signing guys with the physical ability to compete at this level for a spot, whether on the roster or practice squad.

No more noodle armed qbs like Colt McCoy and undersized or speed needy skill players like Samaje Perine and Trey Quinn.

What does that mean Al?

As recently as last year we found Steven Sims as an UDFA who may end up being a starting spot receiver for us (at a minimum will be an exciting contributor). That implies he should’ve been a mid-round pick and teams may have just missed on him.

Maybe I’m missing your meaning. I can’t interpret your cryptic posts at times.

Moss could have been drafted earlier than the end of the 7th.

To me he is a better prospect when healthy than Ismael at OC.

Moss could have been drafted earlier than the end of the 7th.

To me he is a better prospect when healthy than Ismael at OC.

I don't disagree...hoping Moss can be better.

I just happened upon a couple of non-Redskins' guys suggesting Ismael could be a steal. Who knows? Just something that gives me hope. I do wonder if this is a reflection on Piersbacher.

Speaking of Ismael I saw BB had this over in his thread. That’s pretty impressive, regardless of conference.

Reactions: Om
I think the drafting of Ismael is related to the failure of Piersbacher to impress.

Martin is in the mix at guard and the coaches talk about him, but you never seem to hear anything about Ross and what his future looks like here.

I think the drafting of Ismael is related to the failure of Piersbacher to impress.

Martin is in the mix at guard and the coaches talk about him, but you never seem to hear anything about Ross and what his future looks like here.
This was the 1st thing that came to mind when I saw we took another C in the 5th round. I can say this, I never heard anything bad on Piersbacher, but I didn't see any glowing reviews either. From what I have seen outside Redskins land, is a few reports of what a steal we may have with Ismael.

We'll see. I won't criticize any opportunity to make out OL better, unless of course we miss out on someone. ;)

It's sad that, at a couple of positions, Rivera and Turner haven't even had a chance to see these guys in person, and may have already made some...errr....determinations... Pierschbacher possibly being one of those guys they aren't high on.

Sort of amusing to look at the Redskins.com 'depth' chart currently with blanks at 1st team next to LT and LG. Poor Pierschbacher is sitting in the 3rd string center spot, behind 'blank' ... Ouch.

I'm thinking Pierschbacher will get a look at backup right guard in camp. Maybe some center as well. If neither works out, he could be gone.

Pershunsmeagle appears to be a whiff, but then again so did Moses in the beginning.

I could see him, Quinn, & Apke being “surprise” cuts, if you can label them as such.

Apke had never shown he could play safety consistently in college so taking a guy that high on a flyer was two or three rounds too early.

Speed with nothing else is a rocky shoal GMs keep running aground on.

As Parcells used to say speed is only valuable if it is purposeful speed - ie can be directed in a football context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.