• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins sign DE Darrion Scott

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The Redskins have signed former Vikings DE Darrion Scott.

SCO231041.jpg

NFL PROFILE

Height: 6-3 Weight: 289 Age: 28
Born: 10/25/1981 Charleston , WV
College: Ohio State
Experience: 5th season
High School: Capital HS [Charleston, WV]

http://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/12943056987

After two years, he's back....Redskins signed DE Darrion Scott.

This one will get some attention.

Ex-Viking Scott pleads guilty to child endangerment

Last edited:
I guess character is no longer a factor in who we sign. Second...are we trying to corner the market on DL?

I guess character is no longer a factor in who we sign. Second...are we trying to corner the market on DL?

If that were true, we'd have brought Tony Washington in for a look. Look at the guys we drafted and the guys we've already signed as UDFA's. Nary a bag among them. I believe our FO has been doing research out the wazoo before bringing anyone in so if they are good with him, so am I.

I don't judge based on news reports, but I do have to admit that endangering a child isn't something I think cops charge a guy with lightly. If nothing else it seems like some really poor judgment on this guys' behalf. Then there's this ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3169482

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Minnesota Vikings defensive end Darrion Scott has been cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession.

Scott also was cited for failure to signal after he was pulled over Wednesday afternoon by officers with Charleston's Metro Drug Unit, said Lt. Chuck Carpenter, the drug unit's head.

Carpenter said the officers began following Scott's car after seeing him stop and talk to another man at a public housing complex, where they were staking out suspected drug activity.

Scott left the complex and the officers followed his vehicle. He was pulled over after he allegedly failed to signal while changing lanes, Carpenter said.

He said the officers noticed the odor of marijuana and asked for permission to search Scott's vehicle. Scott refused and a drug dog was brought in. The dog indicated an illegal substance allegedly was in the vehicle and the officers then searched it. They found a small bowl containing 7.1 grams of marijuana, Carpenter said.

Scott was cited and released at the scene.

"He asked the officers, 'Don't you know who I am?'" Carpenter said. "They cut him a break by not placing him in handcuffs."
Hard not to start our relationship with young Mr. Carter on a kinda sour note. Here's hoping Jimbo's right and the Redskins have vetted the incindent(s) and the man pretty thoroughly.

Yup, on it. Thanks LL.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - he's been out of the league 2 years, might be enough for him to have learned his lesson. I think in general people deserve a second chance. I'd be interested to know what the circumstances of "child endangerment" were.

According to the criminal complaint, the boy's mother heard the child's muffled cries and found Scott, 6 feet 3 inches and 290 pounds, holding the bag over the boy's head. She said that the boy was on his back on the floor, his legs kicking, and that Scott was holding the bag tightly around the boy's neck.

Those charges were dropped in return for Scott's admission to child endangerment. The gross misdemeanor carries a penalty of up to a year in prison, and prosecutors say it is unlikely that he will serve any jail time.

In his statement, Scott, who was a defensive lineman for the Vikings, said he was attempting to entertain the boy, identified in court as L.D., by putting the bag on his own head while dancing and pretending to be the "boogeyman."

When the toddler became upset, Scott said he took the bag off his own head and placed it on his son's head to show that it wouldn't hurt him.

When the boy became even more upset, Scott said he tried to take the bag off but it became hooked on his son's chin. He claimed he was holding the struggling boy down to get the bag off when his mother entered the room.
Re-enactment:

Child: :(
Scott: :blank:
Scott: :juggle:
Child: :angry:
Scott: :huh2:
Scott: :new_idea:
Scott: :anonymous: :dance:
Child: :bigcry:
Scott: :rotflmao:
Child: :anonymous: :lipsrsealed2: :censored: :eek: :help:
Scott: :confused:
Mom: :yikes:
Cops: :stop: :nono:
Judge: :soapbox:
Scott: :oops:

Damn. Don't like the sound of that at all. Reeks of a made up excuse that is unprovable either way to get him off the hook.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Aston....that may have been the most unique post ever made here :)

Was this guy out of football because of his foot injury, possession charge or what? Lookin' to understand the why's, what's and where's of this signing.

If the Redskins can sign a guy that puts a bag over his child's head, I don't understand why the team won't give Tony Washington a shot :)

Re-enactment:

Scott: :blank:
Scott: :juggle:
Child: :angry:
Scott: :huh2:
Scott: :new_idea:
Scott: :anonymous: :dance:
Child: :bigcry:
Scott: :rotflmao:
Child: :anonymous: :lipsrsealed2: :censored: :eek: :help:
Scott: :confused:
Mom: :yikes:
Cops: :stop: :nono:
Judge: :soapbox:
Scott: :oops:
Ahhh, yes Grasshopper. Very deft, clever, hilarious, and dare I even say, elegant use of the three sectioned smiley. You have indeed taken the ball from my hand and today, I honor you as a Smiley-ki-do Master!! :notworthy: .....now you must GO!! :beadyeyes: :kungfu: :kick_can:

If the Redskins can sign a guy that puts a bag over his child's head, I don't understand why the team won't give Tony Washington a shot :)

No one is giving Washington a shot (I pay attention since he is from my Alma mater). Might have something to do with his "registered sex offender" status in the state of TX though.

I was being sarcastic.

No one was giving Darrion Scott a second chance either by the way :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.