• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins release 5, including Marko Mitchell

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Wow you guys are tough with the 'jem' issue. I am just happy that something I wrote can make an impression, no matter how dumb.

I will try to do better at pointing out your faults as well. A poster once told me, you are not getting graded for writing an essay on this site. Sadly, I think he was wrong.

I will now wipe the tears out of my eyes and move forward. I understand that it was just constructive criticism. However, it still hurts :(

I was just trying to be funny. :)

I can only assume that any WR who doesn't start for the Skins under Shanahan HAS to be able to somewhat excel at Special Teams.

That said, if I see McNabb throw an incomplete fade to freakin Galloway, Hagans, Wade or Roydell Williams, I'll throw the remote through the TV and I promise to be the first one in line to question Shanahan's sanity.

It's only May and seems we are in mid-season form. Can't wait till I get back from Detroit to see what is posted.

I was just trying to be funny. :)

It was funny! I usually re-read my posts just for this reason, somehow I missed that one or...uh..... actually what I was trying to say was that I miss Jem. I assume everyone else is as well. So, therefore, we are all looking for the hidden Jem. She has been missing since the '80s. :kick_can:

I have no idea what the **** you guys are talking about, but it sounds fascinating :)

Jem?

jem%20-%20truly%20outrageous.jpg

Scary fact. Marvel comics had a comic version of that cartoon.
God, I'm the master of useless info.

Too bad about the Lankster. Hopefully he catches on somewhere else and does well. Ditto that for Monty, though I don't think he'll have a hard time doing so.

The "mancrush" guys are the some of the most fun players on the roster. After all, we all know certain players are going to start and certain others will make the roster. Heck, I panned the Mitchell pick only to be proven wrong, well, sort of. I much prefer the pleasant surprise of being proven wrong when I predict doom way more than I like the smug satisfaction of being right....when it comes to the Skins anyway. :)

I like the "mancrush" players probably for the same reason everyone else does-I'm a sucker for the underdog and they provide a great side plot to the shoe-ins.

I have no idea what the **** you guys are talking about, but it sounds fascinating :)

I said jem in the post, but I meant gym...umm...jim....errr....gem.....or something like that. Furthermore, because I am omniscient, it is even more funny when I create grammatical errors.

Mitchell is the only mild surprise.

Alridge at 183 isn't durable and can't hold onto the football.

Anthony Montgomery is a 4-3 defensive tackle whose inconsistent play and indifferent work habits caused him to lose his job to Kedric Golston in 2009.

The other players released were not expected to make the roster.

Wow you guys are tough with the 'jem' issue. I am just happy that something I wrote can make an impression, no matter how dumb.

I will try to do better at pointing out your faults as well. A poster once told me, you are not getting graded for writing an essay on this site. Sadly, I think he was wrong.

I will now wipe the tears out of my eyes and move forward. I understand that it was just constructive criticism. However, it still hurts :(

I like the irony of someone named "The Omniscient" making a typo. :)

But it happens to everyone. I once substituted a female body part For the State of Virginia. :blush:

Well, that didn't take long -

Lions claim WR Marko Mitchell off waivers

The Lions added another big receiver to their roster, claiming Marko Mitchell off waivers Tuesday, a day after the second-year pro was released by the Washington Redskins. Mitchell's agent, Jack Scharf, confirmed the transaction.

Mitchell, a 6-foot-4, 215-pound native of Port Huron, was a seventh-round draft pick out of Nevada who played in 10 games for the Redskins last year. He only had four catches for 32 yards, but he had a strong showing in the preseason, including touchdown catches in the team's final three exhibition games.

Mitchell was a late draft pick by the Redskins after an impressive senior season with 61 receptions for 1,141 yards, ranking second in the nation in yards per catch. He also a ran a 4.36-second 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/lionsblog/index.php?blogid=2152

(via Rick Maese on twitter)

Yep, Mitchell got picked up by the Lions. P.J. Hills is now a member of the Saints. I actually thought Hills was going to have a chance in Washington.

well, Quinton Ganther and Marcus Mason got picked up by teams as well and no one thinks these guys have much NFL upside over what they showed here.

but that's the NFL. each team has 80 roster spots to use for camp.

with expansion of the NFL from 26 to 32 teams there are now NFL jobs available for guys that 25-30 years ago would never have even made it to camp.

I kinda would've liked to have seen what Marko could do with another year under his belt rather than signing retreads like Galloway.

There must be some kind of larger plan taking shape that I guess I'll just have to wait around to see come to fruition.

well, at first I agreed with that feeling but at the same time Shanahan and Co. are already trying to develop 24 year old Devin Thomas, 23 year old Malcolm Kelly, 24 year old Fred Davis and 22 year old Terrence Austin who they just drafted.

That's a LOT of young receivers to cycle through here. Marko got caught in a numbers game where the Redskins didn't need another 6'4 developmental player.

Galloway was signed as an insurance policy in case Thomas and Kelly don't turn the heat up and come on to seize that #2 and #3 spots that are open for them.

not shocking..who else do the loins have? if he can learn from CJ he can be a stud..

Really? You guys are going to mock the Omniscient for jem, but leave the loins alone? Really?

I can think of several funny ones just off the top of my head.

Not that head, either.

:)

Love ya, Mike!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Really? You guys are going to mock the Omniscient for jem, but leave the loins alone? Really?

I can think of several funny ones just off the top of my head.

Not that head, either.

:)

Love ya, Mike!

Haha, I didn't want to feel the wrath of Mike's rage. ;)

Just kidding Mike! I honestly didn't even see that one, lol.

But, he is not Omniscient, so his mistakes are acceptable. The Omniscient makes mistakes, look no further than the Eagles and Cowboys. Even though these occurrences are few and far between, when they do happen they are considered unacceptable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.