• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Vikings-at Death's Door?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Short week, short time for posting comments, and a team short on optimism.

Vikings fans are suffering through one of "those" seasons. 1-7 with a QB situation that is, at best, up in the air and at worst frightening.

Ponder hasn't exactly been tearing up the NFL world and Freeman has some wanting him to start out of desperation more than anything else it

seems.

Vikings fans are mostly thinking, and writing, about themselves and how much they suddenly seem to suck.

With threads like "Can the Vikings Make History Thursdy Night"-referring to the possibility of the worst start in team history-and an Onionesque

blog titled "Vikings Hold Steady In Race For First Draft Pick" you know things are not well in Mall-of-America land.

Only a few posts are about Thursday's Redskins game and although some sounded optimistic, most either weren't or seemed to be more concerned about

next year's draft position.

flaviking

RGIII is gonna run all over us.

goingfor28

This one actually seems winnable. A win does nothing for us though.

Mauer.400

I actually felt we had a better chance against the Cowboys. RGIII is the type of QB that gives the Vikings defense fits.

KW93KB24

This will be a close one. I actually think we'll win. Which will MEAN ****!

iliketurtles24

We will keep it close, but lose.

MissouriVike

Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
We will keep it close, but lose.

That's about right. Griffin is not the QB he was the last time we played; however, he is better than what we have and that will be the

difference in the game.

Mauer.400

I guess it depends on the health of our team going into the game. Sanford and Cook were out today. Rhodes went down, not sure how serious

that is. Rudolph also hurt his foot and wasn't able to get back into the game.

boms-4

add Loadholt to that list.

purplethor

Vikings Redskins or Stanford Oregon. What do I watch. The Oregon game does start a bit later. But it's a huge game to see what Mariota and

Hogan got. Will they be worth our 1st. rd. pick? I'll have to buy a new remote Friday.

vikings4lifebro

If we lose thursday then I'm going to buy some expensive hookers for cheap prices.

vikings4lifebro

I hate bill musgrave with a passion. Why does he have a job? The worst OC of all time.

pacofunk64

Sounds like Ponder is the QB again which isn't a surprise given the short week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Freeman the week after

though.

Mauer.400

Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
Sounds like Ponder is the QB again which isn't a surprise given the short week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Freeman the week after though.

I am assuming the Vikings will want to see him on the field again. I really don't think they can bench Ponder after the past two weeks though.

He has done enough to deserve holding onto the position into the near future. I also would be nervous throwing Freeman into a game @

Seattle.cofunk64
Nothing against Ponder but he is who he is and that is an average QB. I am willing to lose just to see what Freeman has. I'd like to see at

least 1 more start for Freeman and if he shows improvement then we continue down that road other wise bye bye.

MinnesotaFtw

Hope peterson has a big game, but we end it with another loss.

Luca68

I'd be more then happy keeping it close but losing, it's always nice to see the team play well but winning means nothing at the moment, I'd

rather take a loss.

MinnesotaFtw

Originally Posted by Luca68 View Post
I'd be more then happy keeping it close but losing, it's always nice to see the team play well but winning means nothing at the moment, I'd

rather take a loss.

Yup same here. Another game like Dallas. I dont want us getting blown out.

Some Vikings fans may actually be glad I'm hoping the Redskins help them "make history" Thursday night.​

More...

Poor vikings :\ Half my family is from/in Minnesota so I enjoy rooting for them - just not when they play the redskins.

To add to the sentiment of the blog, most forums I frequent that discuss the weekly lineups are that this weeks matchup sucks, lol.
But pretty much most people think TNF sucks. I used to hope the NFL would do away with it, but I can't imagine they'll scrap NFL Network's only game of the week.

A win tonight would be sweet. A loss would be devastating.

I don't care how we win. We need this one.

And yes, TNF does indeed suck.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.