• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: The Saints-Face of the Franchise

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
At Last! Our new RG3-led Redskins in action-for real. And playing the New Orleans Saints. Face of the Franchise? Well, for the Saints that...

More...

I'm happy to finally see some people realizing that Griffin is a passer first. I'm rather bored with the sheer amount of people, the so-called experts included, that continue to go off about how Griffin is going to run all the time. Have they actually watched him play yet? Cause he generally is trying to pass it....

That would require actually looking and listening to things, instead of just relying on stereotypes and preconceived notions.

How passe`.

Some of these guys getting a little carried away with the Saints ability to pick off passes. One of the hallmarks of RGIII college career was a lack of turning the ball over in the air and he has, so far, continued that in the pre-season this year. He completion percentage might not set any records but I don't expect him to throw it to the opposition much.

Maybe the have their RG's confused? ;)

ahem, serv. ahem indeed..lol

I thought about you when I read that one, Mike. I thought you might get a kick out of seeing a Saints fan say pretty much the same thing you did about Harper. :)

Thanks, Mike. I'd kinda like to see that myself...a lot. :)

So the most interesting thing to me is that they didn't mention the run, not once. And that might be where we surprise the hell out of them, particularly if the Saints defense is hyper-focused on Griffin and the passing attack.

One thing that stands out? There's a strange, unfamiliar ring to those posts I haven't noted in years... I think it might be....respect?

I was thinking that they would mention the running game as well and not being too sure about Morris or some combo of the three-headed attack. Pretty sure that the Saints coaches are not ignoring it, but if they are by some chance, then Morris and Co. could have a great game.

For the most part, their analyses was even-handed and fair. I may disagree with some minor points, but there was no homerism in those posts.

Serv, as always - thanks. Great insight to those fans and great recognition by Mike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.