• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: The Rams: The smell of fear?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
How long has it been since the fans of an upcoming opponent actually expressed fear about playing the Redskins? Been a while, hasn't it? Well, not...

More...

Shhhhh....do you smell that? ;)

One more decent game from RG3 and many other fans will be quaking in their boots. Wondering if Mike tones it down a bit this week to help keep things in check for future opponents or if he goes for the jugular.

Yep.....the rams fear the spear.... of griffin ;)

......Just remembered, it's thanks to the Rams and Jeff Fisher, that we have RG3
So, I wonder if Shanny goes soft on 'ol Jeffy :)

and the comments about Fletcher showing his age, Riley being a nobody, Cofield being insignificant, and our D-line the only thing they need to worry about are laughable.

Last edited:
I think this weekend's game will be a good test for this team. We went in and did what no one thought we could do...Ex, you don't count! This is the type of game in the past we would get embarrassed. They beat us up 2 years ago and we barely beat them last year even with their terrible play on offense. We almost blew it at the end.

The test comes in that we must win this one simply because we are supposed to win this one. All to often in the recent past we'd win a big one only to lose the next one we were supposed to win. It's time to break that cycle and I think we do it this weekend, but this is the Redskins after all.

My dad was one of those guys that never had so much a favorite team as he did a favorite coach or player. He was always a huge Don Shula fan, so he followed the Colts and then the Dolphins. Since Shula retired, he has resorted to watching every single game he possibly can, and while he doesn't root against the Skins for my sake, he will rag my ass when they fail.

As we sat there watching the game Sunday, he just had this look on his face like he was waiting for Griffin to do something rookish so he could rag me about it. Instead, he sat there in amazement like I did, with the same **** eating grin I had.

It was halfway through the game when he looked at me and said Griffin not only looks like the real deal, but that he reminds him of a young Randall Cunningham, with more intelligence and better abilities. That's a hell of a good comparison to have, because Cunningham was a great QB, even though he was a filthy Eagle.

When the game ended, my dad told me he just found his new favorite player to follow. You guys don't know him, but that's huge coming from him. He hates every football player not from the old school. The only player since probably 1985 that he's expressed any desire to watch was Aaron Rodgers, so hearing this from him was awesome.

Then he said exactly what I have felt from day 1.....this team's potential will only be limited by the coaches, because they look to have some guys that just might work out pretty damn good as a unit.

I think this weekend's game will be a good test for this team. We went in and did what no one thought we could do...Ex, you don't count! This is the type of game in the past we would get embarrassed. They beat us up 2 years ago and we barely beat them last year even with their terrible play on offense. We almost blew it at the end.

The test comes in that we must win this one simply because we are supposed to win this one. All to often in the recent past we'd win a big one only to lose the next one we were supposed to win. It's time to break that cycle and I think we do it this weekend, but this is the Redskins after all.

Hit the nail on the head as far as I concerned. The classic Skins "trap: game, though I also think this team isn't those Skins," and we do win.

Glad to know that Fletcher is showing his age. I hadn't noticed that. :)

Yeah, agree with Pete & Brian - this is the type of game we'd typically lose in years past. We barely beat them last year (frankly, if they had a WR who could catch, they'd have beaten us) - we *should* wax them. So, go out and dominate, Mr. Griffin!

There are some Saints who are happy someone clued them in too as they hadn't noticed it this Sunday in the Superdome.

lol

Yeah the way he covered Sproles at the goal line and defending that potential TD pass really exposed him. :rolleyes:

Even if the Redskins were 15-0, opposing fans will always look for any weakness to support the idea of a win/upset. Heck, we've been doing that against elite teams for nearly twenty years now, so I understand some of their rationale. But yes, the Rams are a team that has given us fits in recent years and we need to have no let downs after the big win in NOLA.

Thanks for another weekly insight Serv. Hope we can be 2-0 and reading about the next set of fans this time next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.