• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: The Falcons: Spy vs. Spy

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
The Falcons. The 4-0, just escaped a close call with the Panthers, Falcons. Spoken of at the same level as the Texans as being one of the best...

More...

Karst41 said:
Couple this with Mike (Rat Boy) Shanahan we are likely looking at a high probability of a loss this weekend.
(Rat Boy is one of the best game planners in the NFL)
and By Gawd he will be bringing it and a bag of chips.

I hate bringing this Topic up because his staff will be seeking any bit of info they can including skimming this forum.

How did Mike get the nick-name "Rat Boy".

And his staff skims fan message boards for "inside info" ???

Oh really ???

As ridiculously insulting as it may seem, I've seen the "Rat Boy"-sometimes "Rat Face"-reference numerous times. It relates to some d-bag fan saying his facial features were "rat-like" and like similar idiocy it went viral in Shanahan hate-threads and pops up now and again in threads discussing the Redskins. I pretty much ignore it as typical of the normal ignorance that infests the Web.

The part about thread skimming was a reference to Shanahan's penchant for finding out as much info as he can about upcoming opponents-kind of an offhand bit of snark that wound up being questioned in that same thread the way you did "Oh really?"

I love how they wish they could contain Griffin III and make him beat them with his arm. Call me crazy, but I think his arm is better than his feet. I'd love to see more of the arm myself. He would destroy them if he relied solely on passing.

I love how they wish they could contain Griffin III and make him beat them with his arm. Call me crazy, but I think his arm is better than his feet. I'd love to see more of the arm myself. He would destroy them if he relied solely on passing.

I'm calling you crazy, and agreeing with you. :)

I absolutely think that he could destroy them with his arm.

The part about thread skimming was a reference to Shanahan's penchant for finding out as much info as he can about upcoming opponents-kind of an offhand bit of snark that wound up being questioned in that same thread the way you did "Oh really?"

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Quiet about RG3's amazing arm !!

We don't want to give away Inside Info on our Secret Weapon, to the Falcons Coaching Staff who may be skimming this forum in order gain an advantage over the Skins !!

serv, i've really grown to like your blogs about this. thanks for all the work you put into it :)

Thanks, tshile, I've always been interested in what "other folks are sayin'" about the Skins especially fans of our opponents-and now, when we're starting to make them look at us as a dangerous opponent rather than a league doormat, it's even more fun. :)

"Rat face" and "Rat boy" predate his tenure with the Skins - in fact, I can remember folks on the other board calling him that before games against the Donkeys.

Its hilarious when people think coaches & what-not peruse message boards for information on the upcoming game - when its obvious they don't. If Haslett was reading these boards, we might be 4-0! :D

Yea, I did notice that he had somewhat like "buck teeth" in most of his pictures.
I think it more resembles a beaver.
But calling him a "Rat" is more offensive than a beaver, so I can understand why fans like that would prefer the rat comparison.

With each passing week, Alfred Morris seems to generate more respect from the fans of opposing teams and this week is no exception. It is nice to see. I really like this young man.

We can't deny it though. Getting a lot of respect from fans of a team that is amongst the best in the league is coming via one player - our QB. Our team may continue to have some brain drains and rookie moments, but they are fun to watch and the future is very bright. What a great ride this is and it's only in the beginning, so let's enjoy it for many years to come.

As always, thanks Serv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.