• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon II: The Offseason

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Hey everybody!

This is sort of an announcement but first I want to say thank you to all the great support you BGOers gave me doing the Redskins Recon thing, I really appreciate it. I enjoyed doing it and my first announcement is that I plan on doing it for the 2012 season as well-including pre-season games.

About the thread title? "Redskins Recon II: The Offseason"?

The owners and I have been discussing the possibility of Redskins Recon covering the off-season, FA, the draft, camps, coaching changes...etc. from a similar perspective that Redskins Recon did this past season-What is everybody thinking and saying about what the Redskins are up to.

The Redskins have been one of the more "newsworthy" items across the NFL and in the other 31 teams media and fan forums for a while now, unfortunately not always for pleasant reasons-everybody's fan forums had Haynesworth and McNabb threads. :(

Last season, however, there was a difference I noticed. During the draft, which of course everybody was following, the Redskins trade-down from the #10 pick generated an explosion of comments in every fan forum across the league-"The Redskins did WHAT?!?", "Damn, a smart move by the Skins" were common everywhere. It was nice to see actually.

Here's what I'm aiming at. This offseason is going to be wild and wooly and the Redskins are going to be in the thick of things. We're already known to be a major player in The Great QB Hunt and whatever the Skins do in FA and the draft-or things like coaching staff changes like we've already seen-is sure to generate interest and comment from other teams fans as well as other teams media. Because of the unpredictable nature of these events, Redskins Recon may not be on a rigid weekly schedule but will be comment-driven. The more pertinent commentary I find the more likely and more lengthy Redskins Recon will be. These are some of the things I intend to include. First, what do our NFCE rivals have to say about what we're doing, secondly, what do the non-NFCE opponents on the Skins 2012 schedule think. Third, what do "disinterested" fans of other teams think-I think that's important because sometimes our burgundy-and-gold glasses tend to obscure things that fans of a team that has no vested interest in what the Skins are up to can give us insight we might miss. Plus it's just interesting to see what NFL fandom thinks.

Of course it's possible that a huge discussion might spring up just about anywhere-even uxpected places and that may change the "pecking order" as far as what to include. These are just the basic guidelines I'm going to try to use so this could wind up very open-ended but that's how the football bounces.

(I was kinda tempted to make a snarky Tony Romo reference there but thankfully I decided to let it go. :))

Another thing I'll be watching is within the NFCE, what do their fans want for their respective teams from the draft and free agency-and what moves do they actually make that directly affect the Redskins and how do their fans react. (I may have to exchange my ghillie suit for a hazmat suit when I visit Dallas-but duty calls. :puke: :))

Another thing, sometimes other teams media have things to say about what the Redskins have done or are even thinking about doing-I'll try to add a few of those from time to time.

There may not be more than a handful of comments or there may be a ton so the length and frequency will probably vary a lot and I obviously won't be able to catch everything but I aim to give the Redskins fans here something like what I was able to find during the season-a sense of what how the Redskins look though the eyes of potential opponents and generally interested NFL fans.

This could get really interesting as FA and the draft explode on the scene so stay tuned. :)

Thanks serv! Appreciate your efforts!

Awesome! Very exciting! One of my favorite features of last year, and it's just getting better.

By the bye, you should talk to Boone about a raise.

:)

Awesome! Very exciting! One of my favorite features of last year, and it's just getting better.

By the bye, you should talk to Boone about a raise.

:)

We need to form a union. :biggrin2:

I like the idea. We're already into FA/draft mode and debating the merits of certain players that may be a member of the Redskins next season. Why not have some more fun with it?

I have one more blog to write (week seventeen) tomorrow and will post to it occasionally during the offseason as well.

Looking forward to it, Serv. So many directions we can go, so many needs and so many opinions on the direction we should take. It's gonna be interesting for sure!

I think this is fantastic. I already do this quite a bit on Cowboyszone.com, but I'd be happy to help with other forums as well.

I have been monitoring the Colts Forum for a few months now also

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.