• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: Griffin's injury around the NFL

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
A small sample of fan thoughts around the league. *Chicago Bears:* ---Quote--- *GermanssbombedPH* Cutler gets pulled with MCL sprain -->...

More...

*yawn*

Can any more morons step up to the mic and prove just how ignorant they are? How many times will we see comments about the read option being the issue?

Come on people.

He got his concussion on scramble play when no one was open. His original knee injury was a scramble play with no one open. His re-injury of the knee was on either a scramble or roll-out (I can't remember which).

None of his injuries came on a read option play. Not one. Any of them could have happened to any QB in the league in any system.

Foolishness. And the media can't figure it out either.

Great work, serv! As usually, your research is a fantastic read.

Last edited:
Neo, this line of thought shows up everywhere What is happening is that they are using Griff's injury as confirmation of something they already believe regardless of the situation in which the injury was received. You know the phrase "We see what we believe"-that's what is happening here.

Rg3 got the initial injury while running, but he would have been just fine had we rested him properly, the issue was letting him try to keep playing when he was obviously not at full speed.

Right, but it was a scramble on a broken pass-play, not a zone-read play.

Griffin can be a great QB even if he can't run faster than old Doug Williams. He does have the tools to throw the entire route tree and at all distances. He's a passer who can run. But I don't want that to happen until maybe 15 years from now.

Griffin's main problem is not knowing when to quit when the pass play is "over", aka holding the ball too long.

I don't see anything all that terrible there. Sure, blaming the scheme is off, but I don't think blaming Shanahan is. I don't think criticizing Shanahan's inability or unwillingness to reign in Griffin's reckless style of play is off base. It hurts to acknowledge, but all those fans who were saying Griffin was not going to make it through the season were right.

I wouldn't bother reading posts by NFC East fans. I'm sure they are are sharks in the water right now. But the stuff Serv is posting is from neutral fans. I say it all the time: At some point it's not the rest of the world that has the problem. In this case, I think that applies.

OT (a little)

I see that Kaepernick just put up 163 gound yards on the Pack.

To bad our guy got sidetracked, it's getting close to being a running QB NFC playoff matchup.

Anybody that doesn't want to be either depressed or simply angry at the speculation, DON'T go to PFT. Florio has an 'anonymous' report that Redskins officials are concerned that Griffin has lost a lot of cartilage in the knee as a result of the two ACLs and may be a guy that is down to bone on bone on the knee while he is still in his 20's.

Again, 'anonymous' sources. No one that was in the operating room with Andrews or from Griffin's family.

Even if that were true to any degree, there are some treatment options available. Synvisc or other artificial synovial fluid substitutes can be injected. That usually provides some additional 'lubrication' and can help for up to 6-9 months per injection cycle.

I don't see anything all that terrible there. Sure, blaming the scheme is off, but I don't think blaming Shanahan is. I don't think criticizing Shanahan's inability or unwillingness to reign in Griffin's reckless style of play is off base. It hurts to acknowledge, but all those fans who were saying Griffin was not going to make it through the season were right.

I wouldn't bother reading posts by NFC East fans. I'm sure they are are sharks in the water right now. But the stuff Serv is posting is from neutral fans. I say it all the time: At some point it's not the rest of the world that has the problem. In this case, I think that applies.

For me, the most interesting aspect of this Redskins Recon is that those comments very closely echo what you hear from Redskins fans. They range from 'he'll be back to normal by next season' to ' Shanahan ruined RG3's career and should be fired'.

For me, the most interesting aspect of this Redskins Recon is that those comments very closely echo what you hear from Redskins fans. They range from 'he'll be back to normal by next season' to ' Shanahan ruined RG3's career and should be fired'.

One unsurprising difference is the balance between the differing opinions expressed elsewhere by fans compared to Redskins fans. Redskins fans, at least as shown by the "Fire Shanahan" poll thread here, are more forgiving of Shanahan than fans of other teams. Although I obviously didn't have time to amass enough examples to do a calculation on this, my impression of the sentiment around the league among fans is that the majority thought Shanahan should be fired. Part of this is likely due to the fact that Shanahan is genuinely unpopular throughout NFL fandom.

I posted the comments I did because there is indeed a spread of opinions throughout the league but the percentages are different-especially among the team fans who have no particular feelings one way or the other about the Redskins. A larger proportion of non-Redskins fans expressed a pessimistic outlook as far as Griff's ability to return to anything like 100% either at all or at least as soon as next season, for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.