• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: Blood In The Water?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Seldom have I seen so much hinge on he condition of one person's knee. It's got Browns fans-most of them at least-salivating. Some Browns forum...

More...

I havnt read any quotes yet, but this brings up another good reason not to play RG3...he's going to be even MORE of a target if they know he's somewhat hurt.....as if he wasn't enough of a target already

wow... who would have thought that the BROWNS fans of all teams would be that optimistic.. I'm not saying they're a pushover in any sense... they have talent, but there's hardly a glimmer of respect there.

there really talking smack , as they sould we can't just show up and expect to win , going to take the whole team to step up !

I love how every week the opposing fans talk so matter of factly about containing Griffin. As if there's a realistic chance of that happening. They act like it's so easy to do.

they talk a lot of **** for a team thats been awful over the last 20 years.

i say that as a fan of a team thats also been awful over the last 20 years.

Weren't the Browns fans claiming back in April that they were glad they didn't get RG3, or something to that effect? Basically glad they ended up with Weeden and NOT Bob?

they talk a lot of **** for a team thats been awful over the last 20 years.

i say that as a fan of a team thats also been awful over the last 20 years.

LOL...ain't that the truth.

Browns fans are cute...and pathetic. Browns beat Charlie Batch and the two worst teams in the NFL and now they're a "hot team". One of their wins earlier in the season, was an awesome 7-6 victory over the Chargers. Skins just handled the best team in their division. It's called the "Factory of Sadness" for a reason folks. The Browns drafted Brandon Weeden for christsakes.

Oh, and I fart in the general direction repeatedly of that one asshole that posted that RG3 won't be in the league in 5 years and that Weeden is going to be the best QB from this past draft class. Can anyone name the city so ****ty, dirty, and polluted that one of it's rivers actually caught fire? If you said Cleveland you would be right. 13 times.

From wiki:

At least 13 fires have been reported on the Cuyahoga River, the first occurring in 1868.

Browns fans are cute...and pathetic. Browns beat Charlie Batch and the two worst teams in the NFL and now they're a "hot team". One of their wins earlier in the season, was an awesome 7-6 victory over the Chargers. Skins just handled the best team in their division. It's called the "Factory of Sadness" for a reason folks. The Browns drafted Brandon Weeden for christsakes.

Oh, and I fart in the general direction repeatedly of that one asshole that posted that RG3 won't be in the league in 5 years and that Weeden is going to be the best QB from this past draft class. Can anyone name the city so ****ty, dirty, and polluted that one of it's rivers actually caught fire? If you said Cleveland you would be right. 13 times.

From wiki:

At least 13 fires have been reported on the Cuyahoga River, the first occurring in 1868.

It's called the mistake by the lake for a reason......

Heh.

I hate to admit it but they sound a lot like us.

Henry- they really don't sound like us. The reason that I was pleased that RG3 was going to Washington was because of what the Cleveland idiots were saying about RG3. Most didn't want him. Bunch of racist pigs up there in the cesspool of the United States. About the most unfriendly, most depressing city I have ever visited. Fits the Walrus well. I don't have strong feelings about Cleveland do I?

Heh I couldn't disagree more, I love Cleveland and love Browns fans. Living close to the city and among their fan base I feel like I have a good feel for things and they are no more racist or backward than Redskins or any other team's fans. It's an old school franchise in a city that has a decidedly east Coast feel in a farming state, the only time I root against them is when they pay us.

As for smack talk the most epic smack down I've ever had was on the walk into their stadium several years ago. Literally 20 minutes of back and forth between me and the 25 or so people in my close vicinity. It never got ugly like it would in say Philly (although it was quite passionate) and at the end 3 Browns fans stopped, turned around and shook hands with me. If we had Beers on us we'd have shared one together.

Smack talk can be fun, if it goes beyond that for either side it's time to step back and get some perspective. No fans are more loyal or knowledgeable than Browns fans, and of any franchise in the league I have sympathy and will pull for them because of what Modell did to them.

Only been to Cleveland once, but it was a horrible experience. The forums constantly compared Rg3 to Vick. They questioned his toughness and character. It was very discouraging to read this past spring. There were racial overtones in some of the posts. Maybe I should let up on Cleveland. Also, I agree that Modell was even worse than Jerry Jones. What a horrible way to treat a city.

Well, I thought there might be more than the normal reaction to this one. :devilish:

Seriously, this was the most smack talking bunch of fans I've come across in a Recon in quite a while-I was actually surprised by how pervasive it was.

BTW, Henry, I must disagree on one point you made-they're actually worse than us. :rolleyes:

Serv, yes they are worse than us because our team appears to be a little futher along than theirs.

However, they are fans of young team that is coming together at the end of the season. Their attitude about their team is very similar to ours.

One thing Cleveland does have going for it on Sunday is a total lack of pressure. Yes, if the win out there's a mathematical chance they could steal a wildcard spot, or so I hear. But it's kinda like saying Paulie Shore is still mathematically alive to win a Lifetime Achievement Oscar.

Nothing would surprise me Sunday---onsides kick, fake FG or punt, etc. Playing with house money can make some coaches bold; particularly ones whose names keep cropping up on all the late-season "hot seat" lists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.