• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: Are the Vikes really this good?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
A lot of people are surprised at the Vikes being 4-1, even some of the Vikes fans. It shows up in the tone of some posts-confident, but with an edge...

More...

Vikefan79 said:
I think this is the most talented both of these teams have been the past 3 years. We were able to go to FedEx 2 years in a row and beat the Redskins. This will be the toughest test yet.

The third time's the charm. Time to break the home losing streak and to stop the Vikings from owning us in our own house.

Since the Skins have such a distinct identity, the comments from opposing fans are pretty predictable. "1) Gotta try to contain RG3 - and 2 ) Exploit the Skins secondary."

Without even reading their comments, I can bet the house that that's pretty much what they're saying.

EDIT : But sometimes you can't predict ignorance of the facts. Don't know what Skins games this guy's been watching.

"I am perfectly confident that MIN will shut down the WAS ground game. Anything more than 75 yards from whoever their RB is would be very surprising to me."

WAIT.......WHAAAAAAA ???

traitor! get a rope!!

but seriously, it seems like most of these teams we dont normally face have good, knowledgeable fan bases. I respect what those guys were saying.

Plus we're not a division rival. You can probably imagine how the talk gets on those Vikes forums when it's about the Packers, Bears, and Lions.

Especially the Packers-that one's almost like us when it comes to the Cowpukes.

I have a few Vikings fans around here, being in Montana, and most of their concern is over if Ponder will be able to pull through. They don't think Ponder can beat us deep.

I just am laughing at the Vikings standing on their rush D rank...how well did that serve the Bucs?

They took care of (what is believed to be) one of the top 2 teams in the NFC...and made it look easy. Like Parcells said, "You are what your record says you are."

But 5 games doesn't determine much anymore. The Giants were under .500 and won the Super Bowl.

Minnesota is 4-1 both because they do have more talent than other teams thought at the beginning of the season, but now that they have film on the Vikings teams are going to do more to defense Ponder outside and Harvin.

Just a hunch, but I don't see the Vikings as a playoff team. I think they have a tough road in front of them.

The Redskins started 6-2 under Zorn in 2008 and failed to make the playoffs.

Really suprised to see that one Vikings fan predicted that we will score just ten points. The only way that happens is if Jared Allen has five sacks and their defensive front shuts down Alfred Morris. For us to win though, we need for Morris to have another 100 yd. game and keep Allen to a minimum of two sacks. It will be tough, but it can be done.

Again, no respect for our secondary and for good reason. They stink. Everyone knows it, but they had a halfway decent game last week. I'm not holding my breath though.

Thanks for the info. Serv. One of my favorite threads each week and it never disappoints.

The later starting time means it will be a 7.30am kick-off for those of us Down Under, but we are having new carpet layed so have a truckload more furniture to move to get the living room cleared out.

When I don't log in to follow the game, we tend to win, so if I can't jury rig the modem (it's set up in the living room), it will mean I miss us going 2-4, but when I don't log in, we tend to win.

However, what's really pissed me off is that we get the Eagles, AGAIN, followed by the Giants, AGAIN! By my reckoning, we've had the Eagles and Giants on TV here 3 times, Dallas twice, but we are still yet to see the Redskins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.