• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Ritchie Petitbon to join Redskins Ring of Fame

BGO

Richie Petitbon, the Redskins long-time defensive coordinator who helped the team win three Super Bowls, will be inducted into the Redskins Ring of Fame this month.

“We’re just ecstatic,” owner Daniel Snyder said.

The team announced Petitbon as its newest inductee at an afternoon news conference Thursday at Redskins Park. He’ll be formally honored during the halftime of the Redskins’ final home game of the season, Dec. 24 against Minnesota.

Read full article >>

pixel
evnt

More...

About damn time...

Was thinking about him the other day when the '91 team thread was created. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when he took over the team. It was like the perfect storm of aging players, Free agency and no Beathard.

Glad to see him recognized for his accomplishments. He was a major part of the glory years.

Was thinking about him the other day when the '91 team thread was created. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when he took over the team. It was like the perfect storm of aging players, Free agency and no Beathard.
Yeah, that's what happens when you have an impatient asshole for an owner looking for the latest, hottest fad of a coach, instead of sticking with a guy and giving him a chance.

****ing Snyder.

Oh wait. That's right. It was Jack Kent Cooke.

Him ****ting on one of our own to hire the coordinator of our arch enemy, is what pissed off the Football Gods, and started this 20 year curse we're trying to break free of.

****ing Cooke.

Edit: We can only hope that with Ritchie taking his rightful place among the other greats of our franchise, the curse will finally be broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly EL, I really felt we hung him out to dry and did him a vast disservice, he was one of the great DC's of all time, aside from Green he never had a superstar player and even Green had limitations (irvin used to abuse him)

I wouldn't say that. Manley was a certified superstar with HOF numbers. Wilbur Marshall was one of the best OLB of his generation. Dave Butz is yet another guy who likely would be HOF except that his position just isn't that glamorous. I think Mann deserves more consideration than he gets too.

There was a lot of talent on Richie's defenses, make no mistake. They were all just more concerned with "team" than with themselves.

exactly EL, I really felt we hung him out to dry and did him a vast disservice, he was one of the great DC's of all time, aside from Green he never had a superstar player and even Green had limitations (irvin used to abuse him)

Green wasn't the only one the Crackhead pushed off of on his way to matching Gary Clark's career numbers.

EXACTLY. Irvin didn't abuse anything except the crack pipe! He is a Hall of Fame CHEATER.

Glad to see bon getting up there with the rests of the greats.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Neo you named a pile of my favourite players but even though all of them were very good, only Manley got a lot of press and would have been considered a "star" player, Marshall came to us after making his name elsehwere and was on the downside of his career, Mann was a big name in Washington but not really anywhere else. Butz should have been a household name because at times he flat out dominated.

I hate Irvin btw, but he had some dominating games against us because they never called the push off, he put up some big games against DG even if he was cheating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.