• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Kyle Shanahan says he's excited about Redskins' offensive line

Please.....I'm getting so tired of hearing that. The WR's will be just fine this season with a QB who knows how to throw accurately and on time.

HTTR

You mean Donovan "60.3" McNabb?

Nevermind, continue on with the myth that Jason Campbell is a horribly inaccurate passer.

theres a lot of blame someone wants to put on one player or thing.....a lot of different things played into the offense last year ...I don't think you can honestly say it was the WR, or Campbell...possible the offense and routes the plays themselves...how many times did Campbell dump the ball to his check down...there is a lot of room for improvement with these same players and I believe McNabb will make a big difference..... as well if the offensive line improves...Shanahan said at onetime that with his run blocking scheme he could make the average back a 1000 yard back...so I hope and pray he does.....(but i did hear we had the worst offense line in the NFL last year but it's funny Philly was not much better....so what does that tell us.)

Another factor I think comes into play here is the tenor of the remarks being made by our receivers, very upbeat and confident. It seemed to me that at times last season the entire team lost confidence in their ability to win games. Confidence in-and trust in-the abilities of your teammates enhances individual performance and, if the comments I've been reading are truly reflective of how the receivers feel about McNabb being QB, I believe that by itself will likely produce a better team performance over all.

Who thinks the Skins take Williams over Okung?

If you mean Trent Williams, I sure hope not! I think Bryan Bulaga is a much better prospect than Williams! Plus, Iowa ran a Zone Blocking Scheme so I would love to see some sort of trade scenario that would put us in a position to trade a couple of spots down, let KC take Okung so we could pick up Bulaga.

You mean Donovan "60.3" McNabb?

Nevermind, continue on with the myth that Jason Campbell is a horribly inaccurate passer.

Look, I'm not high....I realize that the failings of this team fall on a great number of areas.....and players. And I've gotten far too used to counting on McNabb to throw it into the dirt in critical situations when we were on our heels to necessarily count on him throwing all caution to the wind. But, any QB who consistently throws the ball out of bounds on Hail Mary's cannot be considered an accurate passer. Too many times I've seen Campbell throw behind, above, below and ahead of receivers. Too many times an accurate throw would have resulted in a catch....and even a run after the catch, which - by the way - is the bread and butter of the WCO.

I'm not saying that the receivers didn't miss some routes.....hell, they're young and still learning. But, by and large I'd venture to say that they would have benefited greatly by a more accurate passer than what we've had.

I'm not a Campbell hater....I think he's been quite the valiant soldier.....but he is just not the guy. Maybe he'll grow and get better....but he's not proven it to me so far.

HTTR

If you mean Trent Williams, I sure hope not! I think Bryan Bulaga is a much better prospect than Williams! Plus, Iowa ran a Zone Blocking Scheme so I would love to see some sort of trade scenario that would put us in a position to trade a couple of spots down, let KC take Okung so we could pick up Bulaga.

Everything I see says Bulaga is going to be a stud in the NFL....at RT.

Who thinks the Skins take Williams over Okung?

Fits the profile of Shanahan picks - he's more talented, for sure. The knock on Williams is his work ethic, and how he'll act after he gets paid. Hopefully Shanahan can keep him focused.

Everything I see says Bulaga is going to be a stud in the NFL....at RT.

Funny but nearly everything I read today about him makes him sound like the next Robert Gallery and that he might just drop out of the first round. Not saying that will happen, mind you but it is what I read.

Funny but nearly everything I read today about him makes him sound like the next Robert Gallery and that he might just drop out of the first round. Not saying that will happen, mind you but it is what I read.

You know what's funny, I have seen him taken at the #5 spot by KC. :wall: Who really knows? Can't wait til Thursday so we can end the draft speculation and begin the speculation about the talent that will be released to make room for the new guys.

Look, I'm not high....I realize that the failings of this team fall on a great number of areas.....and players. And I've gotten far too used to counting on McNabb to throw it into the dirt in critical situations when we were on our heels to necessarily count on him throwing all caution to the wind. But, any QB who consistently throws the ball out of bounds on Hail Mary's cannot be considered an accurate passer. Too many times I've seen Campbell throw behind, above, below and ahead of receivers. Too many times an accurate throw would have resulted in a catch....and even a run after the catch, which - by the way - is the bread and butter of the WCO.

I'm not saying that the receivers didn't miss some routes.....hell, they're young and still learning. But, by and large I'd venture to say that they would have benefited greatly by a more accurate passer than what we've had.

I'm not a Campbell hater....I think he's been quite the valiant soldier.....but he is just not the guy. Maybe he'll grow and get better....but he's not proven it to me so far.

HTTR

I agree that Campbell was not an accurate deep passer, but he was 10th overall last year in accuracy, several spots ahead of McNabb, in fact (though I will allow the possibility that McNabb's numbers are skewed because he actually threw the ball downfield). Campbell certainly could have been more accurate than he was.

My problem stems from many fans making blanket statements about Campbell's abilities that do not hold up when the facts are examined. They make statements based on gut assesments, on the "eye test," on the "IT scale" or whatever other nonsense they come up with to avoid forming a complex opinion (this isn't a shot at you, I just happened to read your post while I had a particularly large bug up my ass). They disregard statistics even though, oddly, the best quarterbacks, that is, the ones that pass the gut test and the eye test and just have the indefinable (and largely made up by dopey sportscasters) "IT" also manage to wind up at the top of all statistical categories.

All in all, Campbell may not be the guy. He didn't win, and that's the most important statistic of all. He couldn't deliver when he really needed to. He is an average to mediocre quarterback, and he may not be anything more than that. But he isn't the bottom of the barrel, as some fans seem to suggest (or declare outright).

Yet many fans are almost jumping out of their seats for joy at the prospect of him leaving. And all I can think is what a great way to talk about a guy who gave everything he had to the Redskins. Sure, he was handsomely compensated. But I'd like to think that this game we love is about more than making money and the bottom line of winning and losing. I'd like to think it is about honor and pride and loyalty and all the other bull**** they talk about on NFL Films' productions.

Maybe I'm naive but I think Campbell is a true Redskin and that means more to me than how many touchdowns he threw or how many games he won.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a sudden, inexplicable desire to listen to the entire Sarah McLachlan catalog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.